Background Image

In Development: Arkhona Timeline Reset, writing for EC, while preparing the future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Nov 30, 2017.

?

So I can write about squads?

1. No.

2. No, just no.

3. You are one sick puppy. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

I will gladly write the LSM story. I will make myself Campaign leader, Leeroy will be my second but tempted to Chaos, we have a combat knife duel on top of mountain and I take off his head.
    AngelsAbomination17 likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Dont bring a Knife to a Boltgun-with-Drummag-fight.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

that would imply that you could approach him without dying :OrkMoon:
  4. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

I guess your right. I just felt that it would be nice to reward the exceptional players, kinda like what they did with the custom guild banners.

It would probably lead people to be more resentful of being left out than being a fun moment for the champion.
  5. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Also Belial -- who bE already have the rights to -- if you read the books (and can get past the dated "har de har, Dangles are all closet traitors" jokes that haven't even made any sense after Ophidium Gulf got retconned out of the timeline)
  6. I concede that point, except you must likewise concede that we don't REALLY have narrative control of Belial. We WOULD, however, have have the rights to another Dark Angels Master, or a 'random' Deathwing member placed here at the command of Belial who encounters a Fallen, is present for his interrogation/confession, and learns a terrible truth he struggles with over the course of a year of campaigning...
  7. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

EC is non canon at this point anyway.
    no story, no content, not lore accurate.
    + future contents will come from workshop 90% by user. unless some rich ass publisher decide to touch EA.
  8. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

While that is certainly the safer option from a real-world loremaking standpoint, in-universe there's a different issue: four-fifths the Arkonan liberation fleet (defense fleet? Space Marine Alliance) would probably ignore the wishes of your hypothetical Sixth Captain, regardless of which of the five chapters he comes from

(Citation: World Engine by Ben Counter. The Ultramarines 7th Captain assumes himself to be the leader of the Varv Deliverance fleet -- because he's an Ultramarine, why wouldn't he be in charge? -- before the Astral Knights say "7th Captain? Pshh. You might be able to boss these Guardsman around, but we are gunna ram that Necron planet!")
  9. First off the Astartes do understand there is such a thing as "Operational Control" and "Theater Command." The PLAYERS DON'T, but actual Astartes would. Second, That's why we'd use EC's existing art assets to have orders come down from multiple faction reps. It doesn't make sense to hear an Iron Warriors rep talk about setting up ritual stones any more than it makes sense for a Word Bearer to discuss how they need you to go assault X number of fortress maps, so have a number of Faction reps handle various aspects of their faction's 'culture.'
  10. Even back as far as Miguel, the understanding was Arkhona was as canon as the games at your local game shop. If we're gonna try for narrative consistency, though, then lets do that.