Background Image

Implants

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Krayt, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Well i ve been playing Planetside 2 for a bit of time instead of EC now and people continue to complain about Ec's meta or the fact that only 1 thing is viable and that it doesnt reward different playstyles
    So why not taking exemple on planetside and making some implants ?
    To those that doesnt know what they are , its basically some passive skills that you choose on your class before a fight , you have access to a maximum of 2 out of like 20 implants with a lot of variations
    the bonus goest from health or armor on headshot kills to reduced damage after revive or the ability to take less damage from grenades or turning invisible after a melee kill
    each implants you get are level 1 and they increase level and effect by putting in game currency into it (level 1 to 5)

Why dont we add Implants that take the slots of our useless trinkets ? We could get some implants like:

-10 to 50 Health back with a Headshot kill
    -10 to 50 Armor back with a Headshot kill
    -Upon being revived, damage taken reduced by 20% for 1.5 (up to 3sec at level 5)seconds.
    -Regenerates 20 health per seconds when out of combat for 10 seconds.
    -Normal fall damage now starts at X meters
    -Killing an enemy while wielding a melee weapon restores 175 health. This effect does not trigger on quick melee attack.
    -Reduces the duration and effectiveness of stuns used against you by 30%.
    -Your radar signature no longer appears on detection devices outside of 30meters.
    -Killing an enemy while wielding a melee weapon will cloak you for 1second. This effect does not trigger on quick melee attacks
    -Kills and revives restore 15% of your Warp Charge.
    -Your personal shield is removed and replaced with 100 additional health. Equipment that adds or modifies shield health does not stack with this implant.
    -You automatically spot targets who damage you, and while not inside a vehicle, you are also notified on the HUD when spotted by an enemy.

All these are implants used in PS2 that could be used in Ec while changing some values and balancing them
    implants would had diversity to the game and a lot more fun/frustration , maybe remove the levels on it so new players dont get completely stomped by vets , just let us use 2 max at the same time while each of them is at like 100LP each (or free depending on how well balanced everything is gonna be) and let it take the trinkets slots so it becomes easy to code (Ui is not that big of a deal)(just copy paste trinkets while changing their effect (some will be easy to do , others will be a tad more difficult for our devs))

Let me know what you guys think

link for some infos on Ps2's implants
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Implants
    Talron and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

You had me on Implants. Am Transhumanist.

Many of those sound really powerful but it could actually add a lot of unique options with relatively little effort.
    It would be great to have some investment-options other than EHP and DPS.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

so you play planet side also welcome to the darkside

we have eldars in planet side
  4. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

sounds a bit like the slate system they were thinking about
  5. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Essentially adding WH40k's "augmentations" in a manner akin to PS2?
  6. Not a fan of do X and get boost Y, I'd rather just get passive boosts.
  7. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

Passive boosts are nice but they are boring and do not reward skill.
    Krayt likes this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

you could still have one for full heal after execute
    basically yeah
    yeah they were working on it and then nothing , lest hope they actually did something already
  9. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

You know Krayt this idea has my backing 100% but in all honesty what are the chances they could do this? I feel as if passive ones wouldnt be hard to add or code in but ones that trigger off of things might be a bit too tough for them. I assume since you made this you think it is possible.
    Krayt likes this.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Some are more difficult to do than others but they are all feasable , somes like healing on a headshot or on melee kill/execute would be the easiest to do and even people with minimal knowledge of Unreal engine 4 might be able to do it, and if they accept butthe only problem is the difficulty of coding then we can still find some "implant effects" that would require less work but still have an impact on people's playstyles
    Talron likes this.