Background Image

Imperial Guard And Space Marines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qbc1234, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

I'm just thinking back to the tabletop, when you paid for a marine he came with a bolt pistol and hand weapon, yo could pay a small amount of point to upgrade to a bolt gun (which lost you your hand weapon) or a small amount of points to upgrade to a chainsword (and keep the bolt pistol) for the whole unit.

Then of course 3 in 5 could have special weapons and champion upgrades could take power weapons ect.
  2. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly Space wolves had the advantage of being able to buy pistol grips for boltguns so they could use them in close combat instead of bolt pistols.
  3. Brother Coa New Member

On the topic, I don't see why Guard should not be added?

Guardsmen are weaker, yes, but Elite Guard like Cadains, Krieg, Elysians etc... are not so much week. For the sake of balance they should add only special units for the Guard like Kasrkins who are basically the finest solders of the Imperium short of Astartes themselves.
    Give him pretty much every weapon he can carry and he has a good chance against any Astartes except Terminator ( you wil lneed more than one guy for him ) and Assault ( they still suck in close combat ).

And remember guys, you cannot take ordinary Guardsmen as playable faction when the game does not offer that for the Astartes ( one of the playable class in the beginning will be Terminator and they are hands down one of the toughest units in the universe ) not to mention other races.

If the Guard should be added the classes for them should be : Stormtrooper, Sanctioned Psyker, Ogryn and Commissar.

If they do it like that I can see this working out perfectly.
  4. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Stormtrooper, Kasrkin, Catachan Jungle Fighter/Devil, Ogryn, Sanctioned Psyker, possibly Vindicare assassin for long range?.

Then maybe Commissar, Lord General and such as war council units.
    Brother Coa likes this.

5. it HAS been stated...they said that the power would be 5 F2P orkz vs 1 space marine, but obviously you can kill a space marine by yourself...you can solo a tank in left for dead 2 if you are skilled enough--doesnt mean your more powerful than it. If you want more examples just ask.
    Khaldam likes this.

6. not vindicare, too powerful, assasssins are FAR above any normal space marine or elite IG. Perhaps rattling snipers? And what would be the difference between a stormtrooper and a karskrin?
  7. Khaldam Active Member

Stormtroper? its ordenery, the same Kasrkin, Jungle Fighter/Devil, there good but still thats not enough. Ogryn is a specyfic unit, so no. Sanctioned Psyker? Are you seriously? they suck at melee combat or weapon combat, and there are not really powerfull. Commissar would be interesting but still too weak to fight, Lord General is more of a title really.

8. wat
  9. Brother Coa New Member

Kasrkins are better armed and trained and there is more of them so...no...

Ogryn is like a Terminator - it is a tank designed to take punches. Also to punch in close combat.
    So yes.

Tell that to all Astartes that got their mind melted by them.

WHAT!!! 0_0

Gaunt, Holt, Cain and Bern disagree.
    These men eat Astartes for breakfast, launch and dinner.
  10. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

If they add just basic imperial guard, they'll either have to make them weak, make them way too powerful so they can compete or just not add them.

Specific units seems like the best to go, and sanction psykers are not powerful? I'm going to go ahead and stop reading your responses, You don't know much about the lore.