Background Image

Imperial Fists For 5th Sub Faction

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Crioxus, Apr 25, 2015.

1. But I always was a homicidal koala, even before the Aussieland trip...

And Vespasian, if you count mosquitos, then yes - I've been repeatedly bitten by something out here. It's unlikely to improve my sanity, but since Chaos marines were never exactly known for their sanity to begin with, it's unlikely to be a major problem. ;)
    DaKaptin and Vespasian like this.
  2. Crioxus Arigulius Crioxus Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For my Brothers ! :)
    Darnath and Taelos like this.
  3. If we're going by number of deaths per page then the ultrMarines can't be marry sue either. Read KNF.

Actually that makes ever chaos legion in the hh series marry sue
  4. And yes I agree. I'm tired of seeing everyone wanting 30k stuff in this game. They need to get their timelines straight
  5. Grimgrub Dregdakka SneakyGit Arkhona Vanguard

I think it's fair to say that the Imperial Fists vote was significantly bolstered by Black Templars fans (including yours truly). Now that the Fists have made the cut, I think it would only be fair if the Black Templars were introduced into the game not as a separate sub-faction, but as a possible upgrade/add-on for Imperial Fist players. (Orks have the Freebooterz, they could do something similar for Successors of any Chapter really) This leaves DLC room for other Chapters like Salamanders (unless Salamanders make it in a possible 6th vote) and Raven Guard, etc.

Just my opinion.

Congratulations to the Sons of Dorn on the vote! The Imperials Fists are my favorite Codex compliant Chapter.

And also...WAAAGH!
    Seth, SonOfDorn216, Sarghir and 3 others like this.
  6. Kaptin Primorkagorka DaKaptin Well-Known Member

Dat soundz loik an ulterior motive! Der tryin ta undermine da Chapter en favor ov another. How unspess marine loik.[​IMG]
    Taelos likes this.
  7. Although that's fairly consistent with the lore for the traitors. Right up until the Battle of Terra, the Traitor Legions had a significant upper hand because Horus had control of the timing of the rebellion. Istvaan V all but removed the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard from the field, the Imperial Fists and White Scars were stationed at/near Terra, and the Ultramarines, Dark Angels and Blood Angels had been sent off to inconvenient parts of the galaxy where they were tied up by traitor legion elements or by direct influence of the Chaos Gods. Only the Blood Angels managed to break free and get back to Terra in time to defend it, at a rather terrible cost for their future sanity.

Aside from one or two conflicts, not all of which were pivotal, things only went south for the traitor legions at the Battle of Terra - although afterwards the whole war swiftly went to hell in a handcart for them.

In any case, it's difficult to give anyone the label of Mary Sue if they end up on the losing side of the most pivotal war in WH40k's history. ;)
    Hell_Grunt likes this.
  8. Lorgar surviving a Titans plasma cannon=marry sue.
    Horus being magically healed in vengeful spirit=marry sue.

The traitoes constantly shit kicking the loyalists IS the definition of marry sue, accepting to many people. I can think of countless times when traitor characters should have died but didn't.
  9. Erm...so we're ignoring Vulkan being a perpetual, Guilliman (allegedly) self-healing slowly while in stasis, and your own namesake surviving melee combat with Abaddon in Terminator armour and subsequently being shot with an orbital bombardment cannon?

Both sides have equally thick layers of plot armour, IMO. On the other hand, Lorgar is said to be the weakest of the Primarchs (in a book focusing on him, no less) and Horus ends up dead. Compared to someone like, y'know, Kaldor Draigo, I'm not finding it easy to label them as Mary Sue's.
    Galen likes this.
  10. Vulkan gets killed 12 times in ue to kurze and a human perpetual, guilliman is allegedly, key word and that is not even in the same time
    LOKEN survivng melee combat with abaddon is fine. He still lost the battle. And I agree about LOKEN surviving the orbital bombardment, but kharn was skewed on the spikes of a land raider on istvaan and survived, so anything can happen I guess.

Lorgar is said to be the weakest yet fights guilliman evenly, but guilliman gets best by kor phaeron, not even an astartes. horus dies sure, but more loyalist primarchs die, and also draigo isn't even in the same timeline so I don't know where that came from.