Background Image

I'm (Finally) Taking a Holiday!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Enjoy your holiday katie.
    Oveur and KatieFleming like this.
  2. Mornek Mornek Well-Known Member

Ahahaha No way.

So what does it mean? If there is no content, nothing to show on twitch.

[​IMG]

ded game

D
    E
    D

TWITCH
  3. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

Way to try to ruin someone's vacation man. That's classy, super classy.
    Oveur likes this.
  4. Mornek Mornek Well-Known Member

What? How my post is related to ruin someone's vacation? Try to logic.

I am talking about releasing twitch shows once a month. This was a clear trend. bE simply have nothing to show. Personal goals? Improving the gameplay systems? Yep it's good but without new content the normal development won't be.
  5. Valkr_Dethfang Steam Early Access

xD finly u have holidays, not like the others, these are more holy, the other was mor days, i understand
    Oveur likes this.
  6. Well with a number of dedicated staff positions unavailable, weekly shows had turned into thumb-twiddling bore-fests. I'd rather go to monthly shows and they have stuff to show us, or even month-to-month numbers THEY look at (steamcharts isn't an accurate representation of game health.) Plus watching progress on things like the vehicle rework, the Personal Objectives system, etc would be much better than them sighing and saying "Yup... Its coming, but we don't have anything we can show you yet." for three+ episodes.
  7. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

have fun
    Oveur and KatieFleming like this.
  8. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

I like to think the devs change religions every month or so. That way they can cash in on all the holidays and say they have to go on vacation.
    Oveur likes this.
  9. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Former Community Manager

I haven't taken holiday time in over a year lol. But what a fantastic idea
    Doomness1000 and Oveur like this.
  10. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Yeah, I think we should perhaps clarify about the different levels of darkness that can occur.
    1. Nothing to report.

Result: Nothing will be reported, instead of creating fillers like a weekly twitch. There may be cat pictures. We're still communicating in general, ingame activity continues as usual. Development is ongoing.

2. Business as usual, includes vacations, and other normal stuff.

Result: Level of communication might fluctuate between weeks, development doesn't stop, we switched to monthly twitch just to have more to show.

3. Going black in development, to implement something massive like, Unreal Engine upgrade.

Result: Means no patches as we can't patch during massive upgrades like that. There are campaigns and stuff running still, Objectives as well when they make it in, doesn't affect communications at all.
    Katie going on vacation is of course the most visible, as she handles a lot of the communication and nobody has her mad skillz. Doesn't mean any other part of our operation has stopped. Well, we'll cry for 2 days for sure when she's left us but we'll get over it. The show must go on.