Background Image

Ign 4h Video Interwiev

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grigdusher, May 16, 2014.

1. I don't think we saw the full animation of the devastator's "bunny hop" I think it just might be some weird sprint animation, with an awkward beginning or something. As this is an mmo, they're going to have to travel really far in some cases., and fast travel anad transport won't always be available, so they'll need a sprint regardless of the weapon.
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  2. Tig O Bitties MadOne Subordinate

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z1lTYwNCjY&feature=youtu.be&a

This video shows you the sprint for the devastator.
    gettozachoppa likes this.
  3. Aleris Aleris Menial

^ This !
    Asurael likes this.
  4. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Isn't it great when the masses behave exactly the way you expect them to? You think they'd learn but no the idiot masses love their lies.
    Vintage likes this.
  5. I say it is definitely Crimson Host, not Crimson House, but why a Iron Warrior would be saying that idk. Maybe it is the only voice work they have done for chaos and it just happens to be Word Bearers.
    I think the blocking and parrying did more to show that the process works then to show all the different strategies one can use with it. No point telling us you will be able to block melee attacks unless you can prove it.
    The jumping of the devastators I have mixed feelings about, I agree with you that it feels a bit much, but at the same time I go one of the major complaints about having to fight Assaults in Space Marine was their complete domination in close quarters. I feel like this could add a little balance to that without making the devastator do a barrel roll but where the devastator still needs to have a level of skill to escape, other wise they just end up jumping into a corner or back into the assault who has jumped over their head and is now coming from the opposite direction. Can I say devastators being strong enough to jump a couple of metres with the kit on their back makes more sense than a dodge roll with the kit on their back.
    I liked the way the assaults wall physics are working. clearly the animation for take off isn't working, but I am still impressed. (Unless it is some form of charged jump where you can choose the direction you want to fly before you actually take off)
    Health regen and shield regen are always touch and go. I always look at shield in this as more of the protective capacity of the armour one is wearing. I believe the suits do have some capacity for self repair. Also, Larraman cells. Honestly I think Space Marines should be able to heal faster than an average human, much of the lore points to them being able to take hits and heal rapidly in the field. now sure, we are fighting against creatures beyond human with beyond human weapons, but still. Clearly it didn't matter how fast the assault was able to heal, he got his ass handed to him anyway.
  6. Thorgrom Thorgrom Arkhona Vanguard

Looks interesting enough! Can't wait till Feb next year for the module!

Also, am I the only one who found melee combat a bit too sluggish? Seemed like the assault marine was really tired and couldn't swing his chainsword with a bit more gusto :p
    I personally found the melee combat speed in Space Marine to be excellent. Note that I mainly used a tactical so don't go thinking im all love for assault :p
  7. Nergal Kadu Active Member

If you listen to fools
    The mob rules

\m/
    Vintage likes this.
  8. Asurael Asurael Well-Known Member

Just saw this article shared through IGN, so I haven't had the chance to read it yet. Looks like this is the actual article we've been told about:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...driven-world-of-warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade

Edit: Just finished reading it. It's actually a good article that seems to be detailed enough. The comments are garbage as usual, but at least you can't blame the article for it this time. The Founders pack will always be a controversial issue.
    KroozaNob likes this.
  9. So, nothing to prevent us from burning IGN down now?
    Kaldor-Draigo likes this.