Background Image

If you do a continuous battle style game mode...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battlecruiser, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

Orks should mostly fight orks. Until one tribe beats the others and then they unite and can waaaagh on one of the other two factions with that tribe's specific bonuses, something like that, and the other two factions will have interactions where they can sabotage the "war effort" or otherwise kill or secure points of critical value to delay or stop the waaagh, via instances.

of course all of this would need an actual game population.
  2. -VI-Alerius Alerius Active Member

this would be a 1on1 when orks fight each other... ork faction is mostly dead.
    besides there are 3 other factions (lsm, csm and eldar - even though eldar are nearly as dead as orks atm)

so yeah, nice idea - but as you said yourself "of course all of this would need an actual game population" which we are lacking atm
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. lsm - check, csm - check... i think everytings roight
  4. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Eldar are far from dead and orks are making a comeback thanks to some community based initiatives.
  5. -VI-Alerius Alerius Active Member

at the weekend sure... but during the week and EU prime time - nope
  6. Disagree, we are active at EU Prime Time as Eldar, admittedly not every day during the week, but we are about atleast twice a week and at weekends.
  7. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

I once proposed something similar.

I proposed that Orks fight duels in the garrison and only the winners are allowed to be Squad-leaders in the matches.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  8. Concept: Four Garrisons(one for each faction) linked to a central free for all area. This would be the test bed for EC moving to semi open world.

-A cut down version of each Garrison, 1/4 size, for each faction
    -all 4 garrisons linked via tunnels and open terrain to a central battle zone(about the size of Torias)
    -Minimal structures. Lots of caves, tunnels, dry streams and dry river beds(give us fast avenues of approach for vehicles), trench lines, bunkers and other underground areas.
    -Many tunnels from each garrison to the central area should be big enough for all current and future vehicles to pass through. Future vehicles being Landraider sized.
    -Distance of each garrison to the FFA area would be about a 60 second ride in a rhino. We dont want player fighting/camping enemy garrisons. We want fighting in the central area.
    -Add quad guns to each garrison that only defenders/owners of the garrison can operate. Add a few quad guns along the route to the central area. Only the "owners" of the nearby garrison will be able to man these quad guns.
    -Terrain would range from hilly slopes, jagged cliffs, open plain(for vehicle combat and long range), to abandoned outposts with lots of underground tunnels, caverns, and intermittent small underground command posts. Most cover is below ground via extensive networks of deep trenches(that provide overhead cover for players), dry stream beds, bomb craters. Most hill tops should have bunkers and trenches all around the hill. These hills would be prime real estate as they are in a real combat zone.
    -Day and night cycles.

Get this up and running as a FFA Death match or add a single objective in the very center of the map then we can move to new concepts like adding secondary and tertiary objectives as well as a second zone.
  9. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

I hope you do realize that this idea would have been a full year's work even back in the days when bE had a dev-team.
  10. Cutting down and chopping existing assets such as existing structures, existing terrain and other existing content into a continuous zone would take a year? I've used map/terrain creation tools made available in "map creator" mode in other games and have accomplished what I'm describing in a few days to a week.