Background Image

If You Could Attempt To Be A Space Marine

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Valco, Jul 19, 2014.

?

Would you try to be a space marine

1. Yes

116 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Valco Valco Member

If you were granted the chance to go through the rigorous training it takes to be a space marine, would you?
    DocButcher likes this.
  2. No. There's no reason for the astartes to exist here and now. They were created as a necessary evil to try and unite humanity, and to defend against the worst of threats. Even if someone managed to survive it, and remember that even the best of chapters have a low recruitment rate, they wouldn't have a life. They'd be driven by mental conditioning, unable to sire children and unable to adapt to anything beyond warfare.

Now, a dreadnought might be another thing entirely.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i prefer become a governor.
    Hadrianus likes this.
  4. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

add that if your over 13years of age your chances of surviving the process would drop from about 1% to exactly 0%
  5. Uh, most of us are over 14, and you need to be really young to be a Space Marine.

And being a Space Marine seems sort of... Boring, most of the time. Most of your time youre training or in prayer, with next to no free time.

I would rather... JOIN THE IMPERIAL NAVY!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
  6. This is where the benefit is to the Space Wolves. They start training when they are a little older and it is all based on ability...
    And are you kidding? 1. Marines in space. 2. I can have a wolf as a pet (that eats the faces of my enemies). 3. I have fangs and preternatural senses. 4. I act like a viking everyday. Sign me the heck...

wait... Fenris is really, really, really, cold... Maybe i can work in the forges...
    Nino_Bibic likes this.
  7. Whenever I remember that I just picture this in my head

[​IMG]

Thems are some strong 13 year olds, like cheesy anime strong.
  8. ghost ghost Subordinate

If I could be a killing death machine, elite, super human soldier. Or work a 9-5 boring and tedious job. Hmm...
    Avatos likes this.
  9. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

well I'm not sure at what age warriors are selected on Fenris,

you have to avoid modern prejudices about age restricted activities like fighting in a battle,

It was only a few hundred years ago kids were considered adults at around age 13-14, old enough to have children of their own,
    where kids worked from about age 6-7,

go back 1000 years or more and the best warriors in an army were probably around 15-16 and hardened vets at that age
  10. Good point.

Its not like you are fighting

Merciless machines of death that number in the tens of millions that can disintegrate matter and can resurrect themselves

Bloodthirsty demons with the intent of devouring your entire flesh and soul

Walking fungi that have about 3x the strength of a regular human and can make anything they believe come true.

A race of blue aliens that contain technology thousands of years ahead of yours, and can snipe your head off from kilometers away.

Swarms of hungry aliens that adapt to your every strategy with each battle, and some can have the fire power of a tank

Mystic space elves that could destroy you in the blink of an eye using just their mind.

Deranged Psychotic space elves that get stronger the more you suffer and the more pain you feel.

Warriors just like you, only given the powers of demons and some are not even able to feel pain. And some can ascend to become daemon princes.

You know, nothing like that :cool: