Background Image

If Necrons Are Included, How Would They Work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaplainRU55IO, Oct 20, 2013.

1. 5th ed introduced character and reasoning to them, 6th ed expounded on that. Now Szarekh- and really, by extension, the rest of the Necrons - only cares about killing Tyranids, because he went into intergalactic SPAAAAAAAACE and saw a giant blob of om nom nom incoming.
  2. Throne Throne Subordinate

Pre 2011 codex.
    Post 2011 codex, they've had a huge fluff retcon and personality overhaul (they actually have some now).
  3. Matobar Matobar Moderator / Keeper of the Light

Wait, they want to kill Tyranids?

I thought it was an unspoken rule the various races of the galaxy never acknowledged each other unless the Imperium or Eldar were somehow involved.
  4. Gray Gray Cardinal

And Orcs are just toothed mushrooms.
    The only Necron problem is their low customization ability. Customization is a keystone of MMO. My friend is playing Necron army and he don't see a way to make them playable in MMO. It's will be just freaking monotony.
    Look. SM tactic marines can take a boltgun, bolt-pistol, flamer, meltagun, plasmagun, heavy bolter, lascannon, missle launcher, multi-melta or a plasma cannon.
    What Warriors can take? Just Gauss Flayer.
    Immortals? Gauss Balster or Tesla Carbine (what an abundance!)
    Only a Lord or Cryptec have a proper customization potential. What will we have? An army or Lords and Cryptecs?
  5. Shadow Master New Member

Definitely a non-player faction.

The only real way for them to work is being the Big Bad of the game.
  6. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Thanks! Avatar was a bit of a pain though. No matter what size the image was, the same amount got cropped out. I had to choose between showing the head or the sword..
    90% of tactical marines get bolters. There is the occasional special weapon, but mostly bolters. And I read a dev post saying flamers may not be included at launch. So tactical marines have similar customization options to immortals. And plus, they could throw in small items for little buffs, like Relic did in DoW2. And personally, playing MMOs, I tend to stick to a certain weapon/skill combo.
    Plus, look at PS2. If you are playing for free, you will basically only get 1 weapon per class anyways.
    Why? Give me an actual reason, beyond "this is how it should be".

I can tell you all right now, if they released necrons as a playable faction, they would be the only race I would use.
  7. I hope to god if they add them they use the old Necron "fluff" and not this new Matt Ward-y "Top Hats and Monicles" necrons... Give me a break... they could use the new models just old fluff
    fatrat and So'Kiel like this.
  8. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Second that. Million times.
    Locutus likes this.

9. They're including the Blood Angels so you can be damn sure that our Spiritual Liege will force them to have brofists with the Necrons.
  10. Throne Throne Subordinate

So you want the game to be faithful to 40k lore and canon, except where you don't actually like 40k lore and canon, in which cases you want them to deviate from 40k lore and canon in line with your personal preferences.

Yeah, that sounds totally reasonable and likely.