Background Image

If Necrons Are Included, How Would They Work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaplainRU55IO, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Throne Throne Subordinate

Funny, that's exactly how GW do it...
    (seriously. The difference between a Gauss Flayer and a boltgun? A gauss flayer will glance any armour on a lucky roll. 1-in6 chance. That's it.)
  2. Primus Primus Subordinate

guess i skipped over that part. still my overall impression are that the necrons are an unstoppable force, much like the nids. it seems that it would be difficult to balance if they were made playable. NPC's balance would be easy
  3. Locutus Locutus Arkhona Vanguard

Ok... But that's not how Gauss weaponry is in-universe.
    The tabletop rules and game mechanics do not accurately represent how things are in the 40k universe. Bolters and Gauss Flayers are completely different weapons and are definitely not equal in firepower.
  4. Throne Throne Subordinate

.... of course the mechanics are how they actually work.
    The fluff provides the explanation of how it achieves those effects... a beam that breaks atomic bonds rather than a miniature rocket that breaks atomic bonds, but they both deliver equal destructive power vs flesh, both are equally effective against infantry-scale armour, just one is marginally more effective against heavier vehicle armour, if you're lucky.
  5. Sysphus Member

Since EC is an mmo it can always be added later!
  6. Aren't gauss flayers strength 3 to a bolters strength 4?

7. Well, I won't argue with that. He definitely was the best thing in that codex.

Purely out of interest, may I ask what would you suggest as their version of the Apothecary or Techmarine classes?
  8. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

This.

They should be another NPC faction much like the Tyranids, but as where the Nids are numerous and overwhelming, the Necrons are fewer but so effing hard to kill it's insane.
  9. Throne Throne Subordinate

Nah, 24", str 4, ap 5, rapid fire, gauss

They're more numerous than Eldar, and not that hard to kill. A little more resilient than Marines against range, crumple like wet tissue against melee. Generally speaking.
  10. That's a good point, they pretty much reconstruct on their own so that class would kinda be pointless.