Background Image

If Necrons Are Included, How Would They Work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaplainRU55IO, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sorantam SpiritofRock Subordinate

Just going to echo everyone else's sentiments here. They'd be a great addition to the Dev-controlled NPC pool. I always preferred zombie films to Alien anyway. I personally think I'd soil my breeches in a far more alactritous manner if I saw an army of Necrons pulling themselves out of the ground with the Flayed Ones' stench wafting over the field than seeing some nippy dinosaur aliens coming to eat me.
  2. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Everyone is a strong word. There really isn't any reason to not have them player controlled.
  3. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

nippy dinosaurs.
    hehe.
  4. Sorantam SpiritofRock Subordinate

It's too early to say if the game will even make it far enough to even consider implementing them. I just think that having them as NPCs could also open the way for making them as terrifying as they should be, which means that each individual 'cron is very tough and can reassemble itself. Similarly they would spring up all over the map to attack everybody even when said zones are supposedly safe - doing justice to the vast underground networks they have on many worlds. There'd be more balancing issues to consider if they were a player faction that might not do them justice.
  5. Hoenestly they would be nice as npcs but I find them to be more badass then that and I think we should be able to play them and decide weather they should be a npc or not.
  6. XeoS XeoS Subordinate

Hmmm all this giant thread tells me is that Necrons are a big deal. And thus should be added into the game either playable or NPC. Codex banter aside, I would just like to see them there so players and newcomers can experience all aspects of 40k!
    RU55IO likes this.
  7. If anyone should be a npc it should be the imperium they have a lot of troops like the tyranids I don't want the necrons to ever be a npc if the imperium have such vast numbers of punny lazers. it would make more sense for imperial guard to be free to play sense the guard to ork ratio are almost the same
  8. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

I can certainly see a role for npc elements for every faction, maybe in guarding bases, but mostly to represent the crappy throwaway troops that would be hard to represent as player characters - grots, guardians, cultists and guardsmen e.t.c.
    But making the imperium an wider npc threat would cause all kinds of cognitive dissonance.

NPC roles are really best left to those races that are particularly sinister and are very much an 'enemy to all' even for the 40k universe... This means Tyrannids and to a slightly lesser degree Necrons.

Either way I'm not going to be bothered overmuch whether Crons are NPC or PC as I fully expect them to be ruthlessly eradicated by all sides as players of all denominations unite in wardrage to vent their irritation at their crappy lore... So as far as I'm concerned they're just N*PCs running a slightly better AI.
    Dead men walking indeed! :D

*ecron
    Kythus the Blooded likes this.
  9. I like the npc scrubs guarding the fortresses bit that sounds real nice.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
  10. Sanguinem Deam Alure Subordinate

If the Necrons do come, they'll be tough as Terminators to take down! I'd love to see them in the game as a playable faction. Some of the units will obviously have a movement penalty, but others such as flayed ones and pariahs would be just as agile as most ground units.