Background Image

Ideas for Eternal crusade 2 (coming 2030 or later)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nudu, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Yeah maybe some aspects of eternal crusade fit the 30+ player games better than things in spacemarines. but i think it mostly comes down to clever map desing and game modes.
  2. More like don't invest in untested technologies and then switch the game engine 3 times.

We'd have a lot more money if none of that shit happened.
  3. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

This.
  4. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

for eternal crusade 2, all i want is a dev team who knows that they are doing, that would be the best feature.
    Maensith likes this.
  5. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a loadout system and level customisation approaching what Dust514 had.

6. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Amen brother. or sister? i never found out.

There are so many brain farts in this game like the "vehicle map harkas". only eldar vehicles reign in this map and otherwise it plays the same as the rest

I mean torias refinery, friggin cant remember map names
  7. Davoodoo Recruit

Dont mismanage budget to the point that defiance did:)
  8. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

Sister, this game could of been so good if the devs knew what they were doing, like the shoulder swap, you dont need new animations and it allready exists when behind cover, yet instead of trying to make it a feature, they go on about how you have to mirror everything, and you dont.

also the 2 month roadmap, how much of that roadmap has actually happened? melee is still a disgrace and pointless eldar vehicles still road kill extremely easy and those were basicaly the only 2 things on the roadmap!

the community has come up with quite a few ways to help address both problems, yet nothing has been done to actually balance or fix the game.

and dont worry i forget map names all the time, because theres no way to see the map name while In a match as far as im aware, and im usually alt tabbed while match making :p
    Davoodoo likes this.
  9. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Wow has this what the community has come to?

I know there has been plenty of doomsaying and dev bashing since the beginning but now we're just completely giving up?

Well forget about Eternal Crusade 2, there definitely will never be a sequel to this game after all the turmoil and revenue loss, but I could see another company trying their hand at a TPS/FPS in the future.

They can see there is a dedicated fan base that would love to have a better designed game than what we have now.

EC could have been much better if the devs spent more time polishing what they had to begin with rather than throwing away years of work to "upgrade" their engine.
  10. There's only so many times you can put your hand in the fire before you say whoa, not gonna touch that hot fire anymore.

I want the game to be better, to be popular, to be the best 40k experience around. It isn't going to be though and you will enjoy what is left of the game's time much more if you stop expecting additions and push for balance tweaks.

It's about all we can hope to see before they get shut down/the licence expires.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.