Background Image

IDEA FOR PVE !

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Strykhe, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Strykhe Strykhe Curator

Go, let your brain speak out !

This PvE is really a good idea for change and variety.

BUT !

Isn't really fun to farm this actually. You need take that more attractive for more player.

• In first, we need more XP. Actually, PvE isn't attractive on this point.
    • No reward ! Why they chest are in shop, and mods and weapons aren't in PvE loot ? It's more funny to upgrade your character with an objective instead of simple shop chest.
    • PNJ aren't just enough. It's a Tyranide hive ! We need really a big wave, on any direction, for a real party strategy and ressources management. We need a real teamwork, and a real challenge. Actually, the challenge is just a Tyranide Warrior with her insane damage..
    • The Boss ! Let them shield tank ! The only good strategie against us, is run in any direction. Isn't funny :/
    • And last ! The atmosphere arent really oppresive. Just a same empty corridor. Go work on the vibes !

Sorry for my english, alway, but i want really share my idea with dev team !
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  2. Turidas Steam Early Access

I know I'm going to be hated for this idea, buuut...

How about they add in some 'PvE' stats for some equipment? For example Ground Assault for Space Marines: Carrying shield makes enemies more likely to attack you. Not 100% at you all the time, but more likely.
  3. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

More XP in PvE? Absolutely!
    Shield makes enemies attack you? Great idea.
    We could also need flamers.
  4. EX0DUS EX0DUS Prefectus

Bring on the promethium! The first thing I thought of when I heard of this game years ago was flamers. Was playing space marine at the time, which of course didn't have them.
    Nothing is more satisfying the bathing your enemy in fire!
  5. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Flamers will be a MASSIVE problem in the game engine as it is. Frames per second apparently went straight to the basement in testing.

Flame is hard to paint and hard to code. That said, it cannot really BE 40K without flamers.

They said the initial ideas have been scrapped. Most of us hope for a new idea that works. I WANT my flame to purge heretics and xenos with!
  6. Frost Frost_Hawk Steam Early Access

Perhaps it is time to make joint this mode... that is all races battle together against??? Waiting time strongly would decrease!
  7. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

8. half tyranid hp, double tyranids.
    No_1 and Largo like this.
  9. TheFox1236 TheFox1236 Arkhona Vanguard

I have always hoped this mode would become more... epic I suppose is the word. As it is now, we are a kill team stopping some sort of minor incursion into a secure facility.
    If this were the case, it should be done with Genestealers and Lictor, not Gaunts and Warriors. I do like the fact that they are using the iconic Tyranid bioforms, but their use means that a full scale invasion IS happening, and IS on at least stage 2, however there is no indication of a sporecloud chocking out the sky... or massive apocalyptic assault... which means what we are dealing with must be a splinter of the larger fleet.
    If we are to assume that this is a splinter fleet then, I think it would be amazing to have a campaign where you can cripple it for a long period of time, as opposed to just stopping it from getting a greater foothold. Perhaps a series of missions that end in hunting down a Norn Queen.
    Even just having a mission on a larger open map, that lets them field larger bioforms would be pretty cool, but this would require them logically building up a stronger power basis...

Basically I would want things to get BIGGER in this mode at some point. I do like the way it is, but even that could be tweaked to include more elite bioforms, or more variety as a whole,that force you to change your play. Maybe some Gargoyles jumping around the rafters, a Lictor that stalks your team and downs an ally if left to its devices, Having a single room where you fight a Hive Tyrant and 2~ Tyrant Guards would be really challenging and epic. Seeing any of their monstrous creature bioforms come to life at all would make my day. I would however settle on a little variety.
    No_1 likes this.
  10. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

Give the cosmetic item for unlocking all lair achievements !