Background Image

I find Apothecary harder to use than Aspiring Sorceror

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, May 31, 2017.

1. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness apothecaries are kings of combat compared to other supports. Their effectiveness as a support is determined by how your team plays. If they go running at the enemy like lemmings not much you can do. If they use cover then the apothecary shines as a medic.

Sorcerer is a bit better in the support department because you can heal the lemmings while hiding behind cover.
  2. Weird isn't it, I find the Apo easier than the Sorc.

Different strokes for different folks I guess?
  3. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

A couple of apos drugging up a room full with survival vials is pretty awesome.

If you tend to find yourself in CQC or in the middle of heavy engagements frequently and prefer a more active role you can go survival vial, relic armor, cqc barrel bolter, quick reload mag. Trade the medicae and beacon for the relic armor.

Your support others with your gun when you can, prioritizing ressing downed teammates and buffing during combat, less focus on healing. This is my combat medic build with the emphasis on staying power and combat. The drawback is you wont have a ranged heal and a heal over time but you'll be able to stay in the thick of the battle longer.

Dont forget to refresh that buff.
  4. Hey, try to ignore the toxic people that could potentially take your question out of context. Also, ignore any people saying Apothecary is a bad support. It's really not true.

What you want to do is realize that you're similar to a tactical, but with extra goodies such as healing, but with the same devastating power from afar.

Always try to distance yourself, and always keep your healing grenades in an spot where they cannot shoot them (corner of walls, above your team slightly, away from grenade throwers, etc.), but will still hit most of your team, or even keep them alive while taking/decapping an objective.

Lastly, you're right, you don't play like Sorcerer. Sorcerer has two modes; Support, and DMG. He has to keep switching between them.
    • "I have to heal this guy real quick, so I won't be able to attack that one guy coming up to me, just yet!"
    • "Okay, time to attack said person, since my teammate is up."
    However, apothecary has the beauty of what we call "AFK Healing", when you're really good at timing healing grenades, and placing them, you almost never need to syringe. This allows you to almost immediately start performing your role as an "off-tactical", with the same potential of bolter damage.

So, Apothecary is as good as your healing grenade placement, and your aiming with bolters. This class can carry a large amount of people on a point, or objective.

P.S. Try not to "preset" your healing grenades, before a big push comes on something you are defending. 9/10, people will blow it up, or even find a way to make it less effective by reaching higher ground, and shooting it.​
  5. acepost acepost Active Member

Thanks guys for all the advice. Just completed 1 game with me using Apot all the way and got best preserver. Survival vial is cool beans, but I was quite impulsive and hit my own guys sometimes with my bolter. I got the box magazine for my bolter and was using Medicae Grenade, it recharges fast and helps my team mates stay mobile I guess. Earned 5k XP last match.
  6. if your hitting your own dudes may i suggest the smart bolter? it locks on to enemies like the smart bolt pistol,so you dont have to worry about wobbly aim killing friendlies as much, tactical and apoth classes only sadly...

Malvoy.png
  7. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

So perfect LSM then
  8. Your welcome, though because of game play like this they'll soon need to let LSM vs LSM to keep matches going.
  9. Spooky_Carnage Subordinate

I thought that the higher level beacon only lasted longer, not healed more per second.
  10. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

For better medicae grenade usage, disable the "Throw Grenade on Release" option.