Background Image

I am gonna make my own Tabletop Codex supplyment: NECRONS

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by ZceeNook, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Hello Humans, Eldar and Orks. And the enventual... Tau players.

I am gonna Write my own Codex and I am gonna need some advice on Special rules and knowing the forums... I need some players opinions on this subject.

This is A Fanmade project. No profit is in it for me safe for the glorious reputation of my glorious artwork.

So. I need some thoughts on the following Stats:
    Please keep it Civil. I am gonna bring out a few legion of warriors with shovels to dig away some salt. Just in case...
    upload_2016-9-22_11-8-52.png
    Zcee nook- Lord of war
    Overlord stats:
    WS:5 BS:5 S:5 T:5 W:4 A:3 I:2 LD:10 2+ Armor save.
    War gear:
    Gaunlets of Extermination.
    R: 6, S 5 ap 4 Torrent (counts as being a flamer weapon)
    R:M, S 5 ap 4 shred.

Phase shifter ( 4++ Invul save)
    Phylactery ( IWND)
    Mind Shackle scarabs (3d6 fear)
    Rec orb. (Re roll RP for one phase)

Special rules:
    Reanimation protocol ( Feel no pain 5+.. just better )
    Fearless (This is not a plan, This is bravery!)
    Smash ( *Hulk joke here)

Warlord trait: Undying will (Eternal warrior(Instant death be gone))

Sacarelica Uplink:
    - All friendly units from the Necron codex within 24“ of Zcee nook can be given special rules that Zcee nook have. In addition all units affected counts as having BS and WS 5 as long as Zcee nook is alive. (not affecting snapshots)

(Zcee nook does not lose Special rules he give out)

The touch
    Fighting first hand the scum and living of the universe for more millennia has earned Zcee nook close studies of armor and weak spots in all creatures and constructions. And eye can only have that many designs before being useless, vital organs need more blood and joints can only take so much. Weakness is everywhere and for Zcee nook knows where to look.

- All units with this special rules gains +1 to hit and to wound rolls, also allowing for Tesla and Gauss special rules to be activated on rolls of 5+. Unless a roll of 1, that will never hit or wound. (does not affect snipers)

- Defensive lych techniques

While in close combat Zcee nook, counts as WS 8 for the purpose of enemy units trying to hit him in close combat.

300 points

The point of this Model is to make a Leader that can be thrown into the thick of battle take hits and buff all units around him to battle other lords of war, such as knigths and alike. He can deal with average infantry himself with his twin flamers and can hold his own in a fight.

The only Differences between him and a regular Overlord is his 4 wounds and 2+ save. ( Regular stats was 3 wounds and 3+ save) But the Extra point cost should make up for it.

How I conculated the Points:
    Normal Overlord: 80:
    War gear: 110 points ( Self made war gear costing in at 35)
    Special rules:85 points
    Extra stats: 25 points.
    Total points: 300
  2. Sariel Searva Ordinate

No offense if this is serious but, are you high?

You want an Overlord that is S5 AP2 w/ shred on 3+ Attacks and also have a 2+/4+ with RP 5+ EW and IWND? (Give him a Cryptek and that goes to a 4+ RP)

To go with that you want an Overlord that is getting hit on 4's by anything other than some Eldar variants noncharacters hitting on 5's?

Finally if he wasn't good enough in CC you also want him to be able to give THE ENTIRE ARMY +1 to BS and +1 to Wound and rules as written giving special rules to all units? E.g. Fearless and Smash

This means you will have warriors hitting TEQs on 3's and wounding on 3's with AP2 due to smash being given as a special rule.

Hell even worse, Scarabs will be doing the same thing with 5 S3 AP2 attacks on the charge hitting on 3s. All I have to do is run them as a Harvest and give them shred from the Spyder and have just giant swarms of scarabs running around.
  3. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

I am 3.5 meters tall. I guess for your standards I am a bit high.
    Well these are valid points.

I can agree that WS 8 for defending is a bit much, I wanted to throw it out here to see what peoples reaction was.

WS 6 on defending sounds more fair?

I agree on Smash is too much. I will remove it

On the Subject of his weapon: Flayed ones got Shred on their weapons, they cost in at 13 points, On top of that to get the weapon strength we put an immortal on top (17 points) and 5 points for making sure it sounds fair.

And the Scarab tactic sounds like a real problem. I should change it to only affect Infantery, jump infantery and jet pack infantery.

Jet bikes already got twin linked weapons. So they will be left out of the fun.

So he will be looking like this:
    Zcee nook- Lord of war
    Overlord stats:
    War gear:
    R: 6, S 5 ap 4 Torrent (counts as being a flamer weapon)

Phylactery ( IWND)

Special rules:

Sacarelica Uplink:
    - All friendly units from the Necron infantry (Jet pack and jump infantry included) units codex within 24“ of Zcee nook can be given special rules that Zcee nook have. In addition all units affected counts as having BS and WS 5 as long as Zcee nook is alive. (Not affecting snapshots)

(Zcee nook does not lose special rules he give out)

The touch
    Fighting first hand the scum and living of the universe for more millennia has earned Zcee nook close studies of armor and weak spots in all creatures and constructions. And eye can only have that many designs before being useless, vital organs need more blood and joints can only take so much. Weakness is everywhere and for Zcee nook knows where to look.

- All units with this special rules gains +1 to hit and to wound rolls, also allowing for Tesla and Gauss special rules to be activated on rolls of 5+. Unless a roll of 1, that will never hit or wound. (does not affect snipers)

- Defensive lych techniques
    While in close combat Zcee nook, counts as WS 6 for the purpose of enemy units trying to hit him in close combat.

300 points

We are talking about a HQ LoW build to match knigths. So any comments?
  4. Vindi Vindi Active Member

Over 9000?
    Efekt on Units in 24"? When hi is in the Center, anyone will get the Buff.
    This is a Day Dream, but Not a Figure that i would tolerat on the Table.
  5. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

So what if I remove the Special rules he can give and instead only gives all around him the same BS and WS?
  6. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

I feel as if people have not seen the fact that Zcee nook is a Lord of War. LoW's are supposed to beefy, and this means he will be sacrificing other LoW's like the Obelisk and the Tesseract Vault. I believe his stats are done well, however one can not truly tell whether a figure is strong or not until it is used in a proper game.

Additionally I have made my own Cryptek with a good set of rules, care to see him?
    ZceeNook likes this.
  7. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Post the necron goodness Brother
  8. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Zcee nook- Lord of war
    Overlord stats:
    War gear:
    R:template S 5 ap 4 (counts as being a flamer weapon)
    Phylactery ( IWND)
    Special rules:
    Sacarelica Uplink:
    - All friendly units from the Necron codex with the reanimation protocol can use BS and WS 5 as long as Zcee nook is part of that unit.
    The touch
    - All units with this special rules gains the rending special rule

The unit with this special rule count as being WS 6 for the purpose of enemy units trying to hit him in close combat.
    200 points
    Destroyer67 likes this.
  9. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my very, very belated reply. I'm afraid the biotransference and the long slumber has left my memory weakened, though I don't care to admit it very often.

Bit of a back story to the Cryptek I have created:
    One day I was just browsing Lexicanum when I came across this little stub article. I thought Navgran the Eternal sounded like a very interesting character and I wanted to bring him to life inside the table top. I then came across another article 'Canoptek Locusts'. I thought these were very cool and since both Navgran and the Canoptek Locusts aren't very heard of I decided to mix them together.

Tl:dr - Found a cool unheard of Cryptek and an awesome type of Canoptek and decided to fuse the two together.

Here are the rules:
    Navgran The Eternal 1.jpg
    Navgran The Eternal 2.jpg
    *I have tried to recreate a codex page and layout all that is missing are some artwork (because he doesn't have any) and more lore for the character (also because he doesn't have any). I have also given him an Artifact of the Aeons however I can only attack two images at a time so I will post that under this post.

Justifying my rules:

I have given Navgran the exact same stats as a normal Cryptek but have just added +1 attack. I do believe however that I have been a little to harsh on his S, T, W and Sv. Now from the little bit of lore there is about him it says that he is "master of the Cryptek discipline of Transmogrification". So I looked in the previous codex and took out the rules for the Transmogrification Cryptek and put it on him. I also gave him the old Entropic Strike rule as that was what the staff was originally intended to do. I believe he is a fair and not overpowered model because he uses a lot of the old rules that Necrons previously had and that he is quite easy to take down.

The reason he is such a cool character too is because he is Imotekh the Stormlord's personal Cryptek.
    ZceeNook likes this.
  10. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

Navgran The Eternal 3.jpg
    This is Navgrans Artifact of the Aeons. Given that in the lore these Canoptek Locusts disrupt warp energy I thought it would be awesome to give him powers that can really mess Psykers up.
    ZceeNook likes this.