Background Image

Howling Banshee 2: The Solution

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

I didn't make the list expecting anything to happen, it's just something more like a wishlist, I don't think the devs have the resources to implement the changes I've mentioned anyway but I don't lose anything by suggesting stuff I suppose
  2. I'm going the - Defensive Stats route, Its a fairly simplistic view on a solution but the Scorpion has more physical survivability than Banshee yet Scorpion also has stealth. Much like jump pack classes who don't have a lot of physical defense the Scorpion needs less armour / toughness yet somehow have more? And yet you'd think the Banshee would need more defense because they don't have an agility utility such as the jump pack or stealth utility of the Scorpion. So then for fairness' and balance sake just shave a bit of armor / toughness off Scorpion and give it to Banshee and we're sweet.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

a banshee tankier than a scorpion ? it hurts me
  4. Oh sory I meant the Scorpion is tankier than the Banshee which makes no sense to me. Wait is this a lore thing? are Scorpions supposed to be tanker than Banshees? because that still makes no sense to me.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

a scorpion is in heavy armour , a banshee has light armor to be more agile , its perfectly logic
  6. But the scorpion has stealth? traditionally stealth classes dont have more durability than. Never mind I see it must be a lore thing not a fairness, balance or logic thing.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

in every game featuring scorpions/banshee banshee has less durability than scorpion but has more speed to compensate , in Ec the banshee runs at the same speed as scorpions wich is from lore/tabletop/games pov stupid
    A scorpion uses heavy aspect armour therefore he is limited in mobility compared to the banshee
  8. I'm surprised is all because I'd have thought nobody would expect an assassin who uses stealth, agility and positioning to be more tanky than an in your face front line warrior surely. I suppose though banshees would be a bit like berserkers, shucking defense for raw power and agility. If it is a lore thing which it sounds like it is then sure, faster movement speed, faster evade speed and or higher jumping capability for the lighter armored Scorpion would clearly be the way to go.

- edit - @Rheeva & @KharnVarus I was wondering if anyone has read this thread here? http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/game-design-improvement-feedback.63863/

To me that seems as though a solution is in the pipe lines and has been green lit to the devs. This is a GOOD thing!
  9. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

-Scorpions are, canonically, frontliners. The stealth is also not their class-defining ability like the scream is supposed to be, its complimentary, like a shieldbro's shield.

-Would require new animations, not going to happen. Also, closing a gap really is not the main problem, except if we are talking about vertical gaps, which is the main advantage for jump-assaults. I am more concerned about in-combat mobility that adding more ways melee can safely approach ranged players, which kinda defeats the purpose of playing the battlefield correctly.

-Also, what gives you the impression this is, in some way, 'official'? EB-moderators are a bunch of people who asked to be given the right to create matches so there'd be more competitive play.
    This suggestion/opinion is in no way approved by the devs.