Background Image

How to use the Angled Grip Mod?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, May 28, 2017.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

I noticed that this mod is available for Plasma Gun and Stormbolters. How exactly do you use this mod effectively, it says it reduce first shot recoil? Help please, thanks in advance.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Try equipping it and then opening each engagement with a charged shot, if you can. You'll get less recoil for the shot, making follow ups easier.
  3. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Also sometimes the plasma is better to use the single shots, and snipe at mid-range. Has better forward damage then bolter at range, but less then the Stalker. Filling that middle ground. As for the Stormbolter, i suggest MC and Text grip. Just to be honest.
  4. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

You equip it in your loadout screen, it's one of the small squares under the Plasma Gun icon (Grips is the name of the slot if I remember). You'll see how it changes the stats on the bottom right of your screen.

As for how you use it in a battle, it says exactly what it says on the tin. You fire a shot, and that first shot usually has a recoil higher than the next shots that follow. This lowers the recoil on that first shot. In a broad sense, it normalizes the recoil on weapons so that the first shot doesn't jump your reticle up so much higher than the others, and it helps keep your aim a bit more constant.
  5. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

I wouldn't reccomend any grip mod except for Textured grip since that is the mod that helps with spread the most of all.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Textured grip is nice and all but only really works well if you're standing perfectly still., once moving your accuracy is shot to hell anyways. and reducing snips by 0.007 degrees isn't going to be of much help when on the move. like when ur strafing and stuff ...
    Stabilizing Grip gives you a tighter accuracy than Textured grip does when moving.

So it depends.
    Are you planning to cover hug or stand still a lot.. than use Textured grip.
    If you're planning to be more in the fight and move a lot while firing than equip a Stabilizing Grip.
    For medium range fire support ( something plasma guns are great at imo) you can use a Scope + angled grip and just tab fire and use charged shots etc. turns it into a decant battle rifle.

But these are just suggestions. you can mix and match and go crazy and go for like a MC plasma gun + Textured grip and get a 0.022 snips.
    (lower than a basic Boltgun's snips of 0.025)
    Just don't move when shooting ;)
  7. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

Textured grip actually helps more than stabilizing grip even when moving, its a miss on the devs balancing side.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    I have no reason not to believe you , tbh this being EC i have more reason to believe you than not to at this point with all the weird inconsistencies in the game lol.

SO!
    I got into the garrison and tried that out by strafe shooting a wall ( with a plasma gun ofc) and just looking at the patterns on the wall. which is ez with a plasma gun because the blue impact dots remain for what seems like for ever =D
    Just so i could see this wiv me own eyes.
    AND!
    These is surprisingly almost no difference between the 2 grips when moving with both hip or aimed shooting.
    For aimed shooting its kinda normal to have similar results the same is true for these grips on bolters. how ever hip is where everything changes with plasma gun grips.
    ( didn't test with scope obviously)
    They both pretty much look like this when hip firing:
    20170530135502_1.jpg

This is indeed different from the 60 drum bolter i tested this out with a while back.
    Textured grip on bolters doesn't effect Sips but rather aim and hip.
    Oddly enough Plasma guns textured grip affects only Sips and not aimed and hip.
    And hip is notoriously bad on Plasma Guns to begin with.
    which is something i either never even noticed up until now or completely forgot about since i never have to bother with these weapon mods on chaos because WE STILL DON'T HAVE THEM !!!! LOOKIN AT YOU DEVS!!!