Background Image

How to find Lost and the Damned Adapted Rules?

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by The_Dokta, Nov 25, 2015.

1. So currently I run a TT formation of Lost and the Damned, which is to say a combined faction of Chaos Space Marines and Traitor Guard. Right now I use a current edition CSM Codex and a tragically outdated Lost and the Damned section of the Eye of Terror Codex.

However, I would really like to bring my formation up to the current edition and would like to know if anyone knows how this can be done as close to "by the book" as possible, as the Eye of Terror ruleset are as I said, tragically outdated.

So far, I heard from Tom that the Forgeworld Horus Heresy Tempest book is a possibility, but at a $111 USD before shipping I have some important questions about such a possibility. Namely, how well do the rules here mesh with the vanilla 40k rules? Is it going to piss people off? How big of formations will I have to play, as I've heard HH has pretty significant point commitments? Essentially, does anyone know if this is a feasible way to run a Chaos Legion in a normal 40k game?

Secondly, I suppose that I could always pick up a Imperial Guard Codex and run them as allies, but I was wondering if they had any sort of special rules for a Chaos mixed faction, and pretty much is it worth it when I'm mostly just using infantry from the Guard?

In any case, yeah, generally if anyone has any tips on how to run a proper Lost and the Damned Chaos Legion I'd be glad to hear it.
  2. VoxC VoxC Menial

30k in general melds very poorly with 40k stuff. You should be prepared for the possibility that it will piss people off. It's not so much that the rules are different, just that 30k-specific weapons and units are just flat out superior.

Is there a reason why you can't just play Codex: CSM and Codex: AM? Traitor guard typically just use the Guard codex.
    The_Dokta likes this.
  3. A bit cheesy eh? I was afraid of that. Don't want to win through pure OP-ness

Nothing specifically preventing me from running it that way besides that I have to buy a new Codex, just that I was hoping there might be something more Chaos specific(mutants and god marks and daemons oh my). Well that and I do want my purchase to indicate to GW an interest in Chaos, if possible.

So yeah, just checking for alternatives before committing to a purchase.
  4. Tech-Captain Drakka TechCaptain Arkhona Vanguard

There is a Forgeworld download that has the Tyrants Army that could make a good lost and the damn.
  5. Jawc Recruit

Traitor Guard list in Imperial Armor 13- very customizable, has mutants, hereteks, and all sorts of other goodies.

Also, 30k stuff isn't 100% superior- legion space marines, for instance, do not have ATSKNF, so you can break them in CC and run them down.

Generally, 1500 and below reg 40k stuff is considered better, 2k+ 30k has an edge, between that they are fairly balanced. Just don't take a primarch and no one will care.
    The_Dokta likes this.
  6. Sounds very interesting, looks to be what I was looking for. Bout time to ready the Horde.

I have to ask, reviews seem to indicate it's not cheesy, would you happen to know how well it stacks up to vanilla TT?
  7. Jawc Recruit

The_Dokta likes this.
  8. It is done, Forgeworld you abusive mistress...

Well at least my list will finally be modernized, went with the Renegades and Heretics Imperial Armor, thanks for the help.