Background Image

How to fight against Tyranid Warriors

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by 0strum, May 12, 2017.

1. The guide is in points from 1 to 4. I meant the first one, so basically the first paragraph. It details how you need a melee to tank while other ppl kill the smaller bugs. It's BS. If you don't have a melee character, you'll have enough dakka to gun down the smaller nids before the warrior even gets close enough to be a threat. And melee is a liability 90% of the time. Just melta bomb the fuckers, seriously.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Again: The emphasis of the first paragraph is on killing the adds first, it does not explicitly say that you absolutely must bring a tank, just that other players kill adds first and let the tank deal with the Warrior until the adds are dead. If you play Chaos or Eldar, then fine, don't bring melee loadouts, they're less effective due to the lack of a shield. But bringing one shieldbro, if possible with a fist/klaw is both common and effective.
  3. b_1 Recruit

here is a possible way how you kill warrior with knifes only :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925035453

here is a full run with 3man jmp group including warrior kills with fist :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926683498

you can kill warrior with any kind of weapon able to damage him,
    you just need the time (can shorten a lot by bringing smtg very effective like fist or meltabombs),
    and knowledge how to dodge/avoid his attacks

for a safe warrior kill you need to get rid of trash first
  4. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Trash respawns until the warrior is dead.
  5. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

For most (if not all) Warrior encounters, this is NOT true. Once you kill the adds or exhaust their spawn pools, NO further adds will spawn until the warrior is dead. Of course, if you simply don't even try to kill all the adds, there may be so many that you get the impression that they keep spawning, no matter what. But again, this is simply not true.
    b_1 likes this.
  6. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Fighting the warrior goes something like this
    0strum likes this.
  7. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Pro strat, if you melee tbe ranged warrior he cannot shoot you and will stop shooting to melee you back with a power attack. I as a single Tac, have held a single ranged warrior in place while others freely unload on it simply because it won't shoot while I melee it with my knife. Basically, swing, swing, roll away, move in and repeat.
    0strum and Imperator5 like this.
  8. Brikksmasha DoomedOne Drill Abbott

9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I only play Horde hard mode, but there seems to be no end to them, even if 3-4 heavies work on them, its impossible to whittle them down all before the warrior spawns, and than you can't just ignore the warrior.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

OK, fair enough, I wasn't thinking of horde games on hard, then again that is only one aspect of PVE. In the normal horde games, gaunts spawns certainly are limited and it is possible to kill all gaunts before killing the first warrior in the 10th wave. And in infested complexes of any difficulty, gaunt spawns are limited during warrior fights.

I'm aware that hard horde games are the way to go for max XP, but there are often new players who pick the normal difficulty.