Background Image

How to fight against Tyranid Warriors

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by 0strum, May 12, 2017.

1. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I don't agree with that part. The boltgun can be decent in PVE, it's efficient when dealing with gaunts. It's just that its lack of penetration makes it less effective against Warriors. AP rounds and the CQC barrel help. As for the stormbolter, I guess it's alright when firing into hordes of gaunts, but its accuracy isn't great, I personally don't like it.
    Plasmaguns and gravguns are great against Warriors due to their better penetration.
  2. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

It is not a hate... just that you can take a heavy bolter and be just better. Both bolters and storm bolters also eat through ammo really fast, with limited pve ammo resuplies that is a problem. If ammo was not limited, Storm bolter would be rather good. I do love it in PVP, its like a shoota for all the close range storming needs you have. But in PVE it runs out of ammo very, very soon. Too soon.

2 heavy bolters and grav tac is just more useful than 2 heavy bolters and bolter tac. That extra grav will slow down the gaunts and it is just as good against them as the bolter. It is not that the bolter is downright bad, but the other weapons are just plain better in this specific situation.

Mind I do like the sternguard bolter on apothecary, it almost has double the ammo loadout of the regular bolter.
  3. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Well, if you guys think the Bolter chews through ammo fast, then you haven't tried playing PvE with a Dire Avenger :D

Anyhow, I can only recommend the Grav-Cannon as it is absolutely extraordinary in PvE, and as a bonus it is nearly impossibly to run out of ammo with it so you can just fire away all the time (especially if you bring an ammo kit).

Eldar really sucks against Warriors though, as they can't bring Melta Bombs (Fire Dragon can't take out anything but the Warrior, so it would be a waste to have one), Power Fist or basically any other weapon to deal with them, as the only viable "Anti-Warrior" Weapon Eldar have is the Reaper Launcher with Starshot, but good luck using that without TK'ing allies in PvE, especially with pugs ^^
  4. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Why use Dire Avenger in PVE at all ? :CSMAlpha:
  5. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

For the glory of Slaanesh!

Or well, Eldar don't really have a lot of good stuff for PvE as our Melee is to squishy for it and lacks a Power Fist (Stealth doesn't work in PvE), we only need one Warlock, the Fire Dragon is trash, the Swooping Hawk is NOT good (stop picking it!), the Dark Reaper is nice but you can get to many of them imo and there isn't really anything left but the Dire Avenger.
    Well, at least the DA can get the double Ammo Pack, so it is something I guess.

My "preferred" Eldar PvE team would be something like this:
    - Warlock with Renewer + Enhance
    - Dark Reaper with Shuriken Cannon
    - Dark Reaper with the Triparte Reaper Launcher (needs to have some serious trigger control)
    - Dire Avenger with either TL-ASC or ASC
    - Dire Avenger or another Dark Reaper with a Shuriken Cannon

I might swap out one of them for the Fire Dragon when they get the "PvE Fusion Gun Mod" which makes it deal more direct damage/apply the Ablaze Ailment instead of the rather low damage from the regular Melta. I have no idea when this will arrive though, and I don't think it is "high priority" :(

I think they "reclassified" the Warrior as a Vehicle in regards to the Grav-Weapons, so I think they do a decent amount of damage to them now.
  6. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I just use Dark Reaper, though how much other eldar love to jump in front of the Reaper .... I think they think they can dodge the horde, and they jump left and right in front of me all the time. Other factions do this too, but to a much smaller degree.
    Noromiz likes this.
  7. my ork team uses a dok with fighting juice and 4 boys with shields and ghost choppa's, 70% lifesteal blender of death. and if you wanna kite for allies just raise your shield.
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

That sounds like a fun run :D

9. The "guide" fails right at point #1. You don't need a melee in lairs, in fact, it's a liability because you will have less dakka. What you need are melta bombs. Kill the smaller nids first, yes. Then if it's ranged, one guy runs up to the warrior and sticks the bomb to it while the others agro it. If done well, the guy with the melta won't even be shot at. Melee warriors are trickier, because only Eldar Fire Dragons can outrun them (of the melta carrying classes). Spread out, and let the guy with the melta agro the warrior so it will run at him. Skillful dodging and running is required on the part of the melta bomber guy to avoid blowing themselves up, as the warrior will chase after them. If done right, you can stick the melta on the warrior, dodge its attack, and run away safely. Then refill at an ammo crate, and go on another melta run.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

And you fail at reading. Point one is about killing adds first.