Background Image

How much damage do fusion weapons do against infantry?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Vampatori, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Vampatori Vampatori New Member

And is there any use in carrying a fusion pistol? For example on a melee class, or maybe as a Fire Dragon.. can you fire one fusion weapon while the other cools down?
  2. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

Yes to both.

Melee classes will greatly appreciate being able to fire with full accuracy while on the run, and never finding themselves in a situation where they cannot reload their weapon mid-fight.

Fire Dragons will be able to skip a fusion gun rotation out of the time it takes to burn a vehicle down, though the effect is less pronounced if you use a meltabomb.
  3. Brosephelon Recruit

No real point on a Fire Dragon. Just take double meltabombs, press G twice, congrats the vehicle is now dead in less time than it takes to do one full fusion gun overheat.

Fusion Pistol is actually pretty lulzy vs shieldbros, because fusion/melta weapons just go straight through shields and roast them.
  4. Vampatori Vampatori New Member

Interesting, I'll invest some points and have a play with them then. Thanks.
  5. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

You definitly want this pistol, just for the after effect fire that make their life goes down even after you stop firing.
    Sometimes you will be engaged in melee, you do a few hits, the guy attack back, the fight is not going well for you you just dodge, and roast him a bit before running away while he is still trying to hit you. Enjoy already engaging another opponent and see that your previous enemy died from the after fire with your experience reward.
  6. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

I'm not so sure about that. The fusion pistol is a decent pistol but for 250 points? Not really. If it was 50-100 points cheaper maybe
  7. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

For a striking scorpion, I see it as a good investment in any engagement of enemies. It can ruin their day pretty hardly.
  8. Phyrak Phyrak Cipher

Not enough
    /s
  9. 3dbocatt 3dferocity Active Member

Makes me wonder. Do ailments stack? Can I heat someone up with the hairdryer and poison them with the Lashsword? Certainly would be tasty if A it works and B you can make it work by weaving together pistol and sword attacks without dying to bolter fire.
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  10. Shiani Brujah Preacher

They stack. Though bear in mind each ailment also increases its own bar separately so you're probably performing sub-optimally by trying to increase both. They do more damage per tick at high levels.
    Aislinn, Dragonkindred and 3dferocity like this.