Background Image

How Is This Game Going To Prevent Lopsided Armies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dornschampion, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Tradias Member

Maybe if every faction had a F2P option they could just funnel all the F2P players into the faction with the lowest population. In games like LoL and DotA they only have certain units available if you don't pay, right? Why not here?
    Whiskey likes this.
  2. Grishnakh Grishnakh Prefectus

This. This is brilliant. I plan on playing and ork but I wasn't sure exactly how I felt about getting ALL of the brazilians on my team. Not to stereotype but I play a lot of MOBAs and thats who the selfish players tend to be.
    Whiskey likes this.
  3. Frank FrankM Curator

on one hand, it makes sense, on the other, orcs aren't too much different then noobs or is that stereotyping ?
  4. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Yeah I disagree with that. No big deal, it's not like we can prove/disprove our arguments at this point we will just have to wait and see.
  5. Frank FrankM Curator

i can agree with that
    Whiskey likes this.
  6. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Sadly, I have to agree with you here. Nothing against the people of Brazil, but their gamers are the rudest, most selfish people I have ever had to deal with in a game. I survived the Chinese invasion of Lineage 2, the Greek invasion of Lineage 2 (think video game mafia, seriously) and now I am trying to learn to work with the Brazilians, but it is nearly impossible.

Back to the main point, you may have something there, I would definitely shoot that at one of the devs and see what they think. We may all just be blowing smoke though, we won't know until after release.

7. I have to agree,

If I get a BR in Dota I just immediately leave the game and hop on an alt until the timer on low priority expires. You are practically guaranteed to lose and I'm not being a bandwagon hopper here, I have NEVER had a good experience playing with anyone from South America in ANY game.
    Whiskey likes this.
  8. larrence larrs Curator

i think in time it should equal itself out eldar are a dying race and chaos are highly populated. orks on the other hand are ftp so i think this will help them a bit dont feel bad that the other races are a little less popular just be glad they are in the game. :) Waaaaaagh!!! if you couldnt tell im going to be an ork.

9. Just do what Planetside 1 did and offer incentives to play for that race (Like bonus xp rates, increased item drops or something like that) depending on population balance.
    larrence83 likes this.
  10. ANZACBELL ANZACBELL Subordinate

If each race has a desirable Racial trait that can go a long way to balance the numbers rolled, as different players will want to play the different racials, I think people may be underestimating the Eldar in a game format like this they will probably shine, plus in all MMO's you have to have one "Pretty Race".

But ultimately as long and the classes are not carbon clones and are interesting and enticing I don't think lopsided raced will be a problems..