Background Image

How do Boltgun Tacts and Apots work effectively now?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Jun 22, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi Guys, after the boltgun change I am having some problems getting the same amount of Frags with boltguns as last time. I admit that I have become a newbie again with boltgun Tacts and Apot. Anyone got any useful tips and advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any help in advance.
  2. acepost acepost Active Member

Been trying to Dbash and shoot point blank Bolters. It works some times.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Please tell me you only do that against melee...

Best melee-counter for casual players is still to stop moving and spam quick-attacks when in a team, to lock the enemy in place, or to rollex into an attack and hope your opponent is bad enough to lose track of you for a moment.
    I had considerable success simply switching to knife and fighting melee in melee. The reason most ranged players die is because they just try to open a gap and shoot again, instead of fighting back. Taking a knife can help with that mind-set.

Against ranged players, it all boils down to 'move and shoot'. You can weave quick-attacks in CQC as it will get many enemies to respond in the worst, possible way: try to debash you. Other than that its playing cover and aiming for the head. The only thing that really changed is that precision-fire doesn't hit all the time anymore.
  4. acepost acepost Active Member

What Bolter mods do you recommend for competitive play these days?
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

scope CQC stabilising Drum
  6. acepost acepost Active Member

I still use Drum Barrel and textured grip, If I want to be tanky with Gold Armor I forgo scope and barrel for Normal loadouts. I still get frags from boltguns this way and I do not use Rollex…
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

switch textured for stabilising , textured got nerfed below stabilising