Background Image

How Are People Rolling Out Of Stun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moomoo, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Moomoo Recruit

This has been going since one of the recent patches and basically makes the RPS system unplayable for me beyond the usual herp derp chunkiness of it. Some people are able to consistently roll off the dbash stun almost instantly. Its only certain people I notice but they do it consistently. And I'm not talking about dbash stunning someone with a tactical knife. I'm talking about dbash from a power sword. Is there some bug I'm missing that people are abusing or what is going on? Never had this problem until recently.
  2. kharnzor kharnzor Arkhona Vanguard

Interestingly i started to notice this a couple of days ago.
    Its pretty annoying and i got no idea how its done.
  3. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Happens to me as well. All JPAs can do it, but also some very specific ground assaults.
  4. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

They aren't, d-bash stun is too short now.
    Previously it was too long, now its useless.
    BERSERK-FURY and Celestia like this.
  5. JuanValjuan1066 Recruit

It's a timing thing. There's a very brief window before the stun is in full effect wherein the person being stunned can still dodge/jump out of the stun, even though the kick/headbutt actually lands.

EDIT: Also what they said ^
  6. Moomoo Recruit

So basically if you see a dbash coming and you mash roll you will get a guaranteed break out of it? I'll have to try this later when I have time to play again.
    Siege likes this.
  7. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Not quite what occurred to me. Rather a situation when I d-bash, parry their light attack and - in the time it takes me to fulfill the animation for the actual stun - they roll away immediately around me before proceeding the RMB-spam. Even d-bashing them several times only ever has the same result, with them rolling out before the stun can even reach them.
  8. Moomoo Recruit

This has nothing to do with duration. People are breaking out of the stun with the roll. If they don't roll the duration is lasting the same amount as before for me.
  9. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I often see a d-bash coming, but no amount of trying to roll ever saves me. Have to note I am an exclusive ork-player, so that might be a thing with animation-differences.
  10. I have seen this too (Sorcerer-Forcesword. My bashes usually last enough time to get one fast attack in)