Background Image

HOVERING CARMAGEDDON: What should be done?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SniffSteven, Oct 18, 2016.

?

What should be done to Eldar vehicles?

1. Decrease their touch REACH + do DAMAGE on impact instead of insta-killing

2. Allow players to escape being run over by hovercraft by CROUCHING

3. Leave them be as they are now (this option is reserved for cheaters)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gillus Gillus Steam Early Access

Ehh~ I just pulled a number out of my rear end for now. Buffed Armour health or reduced AV, net effect is the same!

Right now tanks and APCs just don't feel like... well Tanks and APCS ^^
  2. Eldar vehicles enjoy extreme speed and extreme mobility advantages over Orks and Astartes vehicles while only being slightly less durable than their counterparts. Sounds like their infantry does it not?

Half their vehicle HP and Increase their collision damage significantly. Any time they run into terrain, ram another vehicle, or run over a 500 to 800 pound Astartes wearing Power Armor they also take significant to catastrophic damage.
    kharnzor likes this.
  3. MefDaFixa GeorgePhillips Arkhona Vanguard

Getting Tired of Moderation Abuse.
  4. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

Hmmmm allright, i see your point there. In fact i agree to it (if I understood correctly) that there should be a balance between all factions' vehicles.

But the means by which that balance is achieved - that me and you, evidently, see quite differently.

I think it would serve both the gameplay and the logical/fluff part if Eldar tanks were damage-buffed but rid of the ability to squash people left and right with their hover field. Skimmers speed up super fast and its easier to evade as a skimmer too; that would compensate for their inability to roadkill quite enough, considering their armor level is already pretty much on par with armor of other races' vehicles.

And yeah roadkill is a fun a reasonable mechanic. But its one thing to see people roadkilled by rhinos (which isnt that easy at all, mind you).
    Its a completely different thing when you see people literally steampressed by the tens, over and over again, with skimmers. Just pick a Siege map where eldar are defending, and then sit on a wall there and look down at the carnage. Same fucking picture every, EVERY time, and i've played with a gazillion different people. Its an ugly exploit, and it should be fixed.

P.S. Nerfing meltas is this whole different conversation but yeah, agreed; multi-melta shud be on melta level, and melta itself...god knows where it should be. They should replace it by an are-of-effect flamer for all i care.
  5. Obbu Obbu Confessor

I think we understand each other, yeah :p

I like the idea of reducing roadkill to non-fatal levels (in some circumstances), or increasing troops abilities to avoid tanks: I'd simply be more inclined to not single eldar out as the focus of those mechanics, and up the strength of the other factions tanks, which are lacklustre in their defensive driving options.

Tanks should be more scary - particularly at the front, but perhaps less unavoidably fatal. I'd love for the evade mechanics to be tightened up to the point where there were safeguards against lag death if you were actively rolling.

The problem is keeping the tank scary/fatal for the people who stand there with no power fist and laugh at your ineffective nudges.

If you were still harmed or staggered in some description, it would balance that out.

Would be a nerf to single drive-by roadkills, but would still allow tanks to do the "im going to repeatedly run at you until I get a pancake" thing, which is the important part with engaging someone that's actively trying to pop your tank.

Extra points if clipping teammates was less fatal too.
  6. Was next to an unoccupied Eldar vehicle the other night. Wearing the lvl 2 Armour and just short of 300 health on my Ork. Another player set a grenade off on the opposite side of the vehicle. It bumped into me and killed me.

Yes they seriously need to lose the ability to run over a player, especially when it is not occupied and bumps into someone. I have watched as they turn at close to 90 degree and maintain their full speed and momentum and run players over.

I have watched as Eldar spread their vehicles out and circle a position in the tug of war maps so the ground level was completely shut off to the attacking infantry. You could not sprint across in time to dodge one.

I have watched an Eldar vehicle repeatedly ram a Rhino, after attaining full speed in less than half the length of a rhino. It killed that rhino and the next one doing the same thing. It left with plenty of health.

So in my opinion they seriously need to be looked at.
    JojoKasei and SniffSteven like this.
  7. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

So i was checking the tabletop rules.

And gravitic vehicles cannot run over people.

Only tanks should do it. Check it!

There is no TANK SHOCK for Gravs. because they arent tanks

-facepalm-
    SniffSteven likes this.
  8. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

Dude, you should have put those stories in red capitals, seriously. I read it and genuinely felt the pain you had felt then and there.
    If shit like that isn't reason enough to take the roadkill ability away from hovertanks...Lord help us.

Fun fact: you don't see people complaining about Rhinos, Preds and Ork wagons being gamebreaking for whatever reason, but i've seen a gazillion people complain about Eldar skimmers abuse and how that takes all the fun out of the fucking game. Still, there are Eldar players around who have balls enough to defend that broken mechanic. What a shame.
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

You do realize that TT rules have absolutely NOTHING to do with EC, which was stated multiple times by devs, right?
  10. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

I know that most rules of the rulebook cannot be applied in a pc game.

But this is a basic rule, i think GW consider too much advantage that having a fast vehicle that ignores dangerous terrains, moves more than a tank, good armour good weapon, should not be allowed to rush over the people..

Consider that they move so fast, and if you are gravitic you have to stay away from the floor, you cannot move at 1 cm scratchig the ground even if you are an eldar.

but this fact seems to be not so evident for devs and eldar players.
    SniffSteven likes this.