Background Image

Hotfix 1.8.12 Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

2. So next patch / hot fix you reckon we'll finally see the end of the 2 and a half year long Bolter-Geddon? Or will it be another quarter of a decade before the Bolter crutch meta is taken away from the ever enduring TAC-Ocolypse.

I mean it's only fair after all, every other massively broken OP meta from all other classes / builds / weapons in the past which was taking the jobs from other classes have been nerfed into their place, why should the Tacti-Bolter meta be the only one exempt from this rule.

One rule for one and another for the rest doesn't work if you want people to play a game, it is a game after all not a real life tyranny simulator.

And you never know, without an 'easy-mode' class / meta sapping all the fun and concept of a fair fight from the game people might actually start playing EC again.

So how do we do this?

Most importantly, of equal importance;
    -Remove /Rollex
    -Add reload animation frames to swap combat knife back to Bolter

And this would be a 'nice to have'
    -Increase the stupidly short ttk on Bolter (either by reducing damage, reducing rate of fire, reducing accuracy or a combination of the three)

Do that ^ and we're on our way to where things should have been for the last two and a half long ass years.
  3. I like all of that! Someone with common sense not blinded by muh skillboltexfeature
    Schwifty likes this.
  4. Yeah it's a sad state of affairs when your pistol is your best melee weapon, sadly the melee community's voice just isn't a priority but hey it's worth a try.
    Data8671 likes this.
  5. You don't fix melee by nerfing the bolter.
  6. No. You fix the game by nerfing bolter
    Schwifty likes this.
  7. Would you like to rethink that comment?
    Krayt and Squiggot like this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

You fix the game by nerfing one of the worst rifles *thinking*
  9. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

What melee community? wasn't anyone who spoke up for melee bullied and called bad until they stopped posting/playing?Its happening to you and Zathral as I write this.

Didn't whole guilds who wanted Ork fixes also get the same treatment? Bullied until they left?
    ruititadiogo and Krayt like this.