Background Image

Horde PvE too difficult?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Slendykins, Dec 16, 2016.

1. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

I do think it's a bit too difficult. Put nearly 40 hours into PvE this week and have never finished a horde on any difficulty. With all manner of loadouts, configurations and tactics.

I also think the xp cap on such a challenging game mode is dumb.
  2. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Hi guys,

With the patch from yesterday, Hive Horde and Hive Complex levels should be a little bit easier.

Thanks!
  3. Ser DJ Hodor TheBurgerMeister Well-Known Member

The devs have never played Exterminatus in Space Marine so they have no idea what they are doing.

If they had actually set aside 1 hour to play the fucking game mode in Space Marine, PvE in Eternal Crusade would be infinitely better.

But lets just mindlessly send lots of guys your way with no ammo pick-ups or grenade pick-ups and expect players to have enough ammunition during the later waves.

Fucking genius.

Whomever made the resupply crates needs to be hit in the head. They're a horrible idea in PvE mode especially because you NEVER get time to resupply during the wave. This basically forces you to always have an ammo pack in your inventory which eats up loadout points.

There's no room to move in the levels either. I don't know why the levels are all narrow alley ways. Exterminatus was great because it was a mix of narrow areas and open areas. Made JPA classes worth it as well and completely viable.

JPA's in Tyranid lair are worthless. Its no fun.

Not to mention the game mode is mindless and boring with not many sounds and very little action. Its either mind numbingly easy or impossible due to how many Tyranids spawn at any given time.
  4. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Agreed, but I disagree on pretty much every other point, the PVE is fun it just needs more and some polish. In my opinion anyway.
  5. The hardest part for me is finding a horde match... I've played one since I started playing... One... In like almost two months... One...

Lair's cool though.