Background Image

Horde PvE too difficult?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Slendykins, Dec 16, 2016.

1. I only really started playing this week and haven't put many hours in yet, so I am still on default loadouts. So, my question @PeterRich is what Character Rank are you targeting or balancing around?

To everyone: if I bring a default loadout, am I pretty much "gimping" my team? Does the answer depend on which class?
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  2. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

So you won't be less powerful with default loadouts, but you will be less optimized. Specific heals, magazine mods, specific weapon loadouts, pistols, and melee mods.

That said the default shooter, support, and heavy weapons across the factions are good for tyranids (except dallas deffgun on orks maybe). There are "better," but you aren't gimping your team. If anyone is after a pro run then they'll preform a team with their friends/guild. Don't be afraid to hop in a match with what you have, we're just happy to see someone else in PvE.

Don't be afraid to communicate what you have either and make a group plan what to take. I'd love it if more players talked about their loadouts before starting, especially when it comes to sorc heals.
    DarkVoidBoy likes this.
  3. That's good to hear, thank you.

The reason I bring up Rank is that I believe a lot of new players will try out PVE early and/or play it more often than PvP in the beginning. No LSM/CSM target ID confusion, stealthed enemies, snipers, smaller map--less overwhelming in the situational awareness category all-around.

My experience:
    I started apothecary in attempt to provide at least some help to my team (PvP or PvE) while I was still on the steepest part of the curve. With some play time under my belt now, I have to say that the default apoth loadout is odd. Why a chainsword when I already have the narthecium for melee with its poison damage? I'm not a big fan of the smart pistol largely removing the chance at head shots for PvE, but I get why it would be default for PvP.

I can't wait to ditch the chainsword for a bolter. Default apoth kit in PVE means a lot of staying out of the way and waiting for opportunities to do something.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  4. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

You good sir are an excellent person for this game. Don't be afraid to try out the other factions as well, Eldar in particular with their focused roles are very easy to get good custom loadouts for, and orks are just a hoot to play at any level.
    DarkVoidBoy likes this.
  5. The only thing you need to know........don´t take chainswords to PVE ;)
  6. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

But so many MUST use the vanilla unmodded chainsword so they can move in front of the heavy weapon and stand there like a moron while the enemy swarms them to keep all the kills for themselves. Not that they actually kill anything, but hey, it is the thought that counts.

Hell, running into masses of enemies with nothing but a chaisnword worked in Space Marine, it HAS to work here too. Right. RIGHT?
  7. So you two are saying don't bring 3 out of the 5 LSM default kits, including the healer.
    @Neogenesis @Kalenath
  8. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Yes, this is my mistake :( sorry guys. I'll fix it asap, but won't come before the next update unfortunately. It should be 10s between each wave to reload.
  9. Meet us in the middleish and give us 10 seconds maybe?
  10. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Yes, Actually I updated my post :) and changed it for 10s!