Background Image

Horde Mode - UAT

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by PeterRich, Dec 5, 2016.

1. we were with 5 players lsm.

my point is that there shouldn't be a timer in horde mode, it serves no purpose unless you wanna frustrate people.(well, can only speak for myself here lol)
    personally i find it odd to have a timer in a wave type game mode...coming from gow 2 & 3 finishing 50 waves on all difficulties. even spacemarine does not have a timer...trust me, you have your hands full already without having to deal with the timer lol
    i can understand the logic behind it for pve to push player from point A to B..but for horde it kinda loses it's meaning...unless you get like sudden random mission objectives on the last minute.
    for example, if you fail said objective, it does not end there..instead sirens and light go off and bigger aliens are coming in to finish you off..but it still would give you a very small chance to finish the hack to close the door and prevent them overwhelming you...but you still have a big problem on your hands with those that slipped through.

that would something new and refreshing...doing waves, no timers then suddenly bam, sirens and lights!! incoming vox!...large alien presence detected moving fast..you have x amount of time...the vanguard is already upon you.

i hope to see boss battles, more variation of tyranids even the forgeworld ones(not only the big but the small ones, sporemines, ripper swarms, skyslasher swarms) and ofcourse the ability to set up a defensive position....one can dream, right?.....right?
  2. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

It would be nice if the timer represented when the next wave would spawn, so if you do not kill all enemies within the set amount of time a second wave spawns instead of you loosing.
    This would probably cause a bit of troubles with the win condition though, as you can theoretically just use all the time you need for the last wave, though adding a Warrior Prime could solve that :D

The Last Stand game mode in DoW II: Retribution also used the "no time limit", and to great effect, though the enemies there was a bit more powerful.
  3. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Hi,

The invisible platform is also fixed (I forgot to add it in the previous post).
    The covers will be changed for thin cover to support bracing and should limit the exploit of standing on top of it.

I will share your concern about the timer with Brent when he's back from vacations.

Thanks!
  4. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Awesome. When will the updated version be out?

Btw, isn't Brent on vacation until sometime in January?
    Which would mean no Horde Mode in December :(
  5. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

I never said that :)
    Noromiz and Whitefox550 like this.
  6. Hottabuch Hotab Arkhona Vanguard

Agreeing with previous speakers about the timer. Would be glad to see it removed if not from all modes, then at least from the horde mode. pls pls pls
    And maybe you can disable the timer for testing purposes without Brent's agreement, by a silly mistake and without any intention, of course ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Algernon likes this.
  7. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Hotab likes this.
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Nathan promised us a surprise in the December Update, so now the only option left is TEQ for UAT :D

Also, I agree with Hotab, you could always have the intern "accidentally" disable the timer.
    Hotab likes this.
  9. @PeterRich

Hey bud, enjoyed the new horde mode a whole bunch on UAT. Just wanted to let you know that Nathan gave DJ Penguin permission on 12/7/16 to stream the new horde mode with a group of us. We really enjoyed it, and I just wanted you to know there's a video of 5 of us playing it if you want to see it (we gave some verbal feedback while playing).

Mmm.......did NOT like hivehorde04. couldn't find a good place to work from in that room.
    PeterRich and No_1 like this.
  10. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

DJPenguin and PeterRich like this.