Background Image

Horde Mode - UAT

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by PeterRich, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Hi Guys,

Maybe you've noticed a new mode on UAT this week-end. We would like you to play it and help us balance the difficulty.
    It is supposed to be hard. It's a survival mode. There are 15 waves total (for now) and I'd like to see if you can actually complete the challenge!

Thanks.
  2. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

What do we get for beating it ? :D
  3. salt lol
    Cplex, Vaanes, mikk34 and 2 others like this.
  4. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Try to beat it first :p
  5. Getzan Getzan First Blood!

okay im game.

is it available now or this week-end?

@PeterRich
  6. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

BRING IT ON!

EDIT: After I finished cleaning :oops:
  7. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

If you sync UAT, it's available. Horde 02 has a small issue (invisible platform), but is already fixed.
    Shouldn't alter the gameplay though as you can walk over the invisible platform.
  8. feedback!
    tried it..it's basically regular pve with a timer except you don't leave the room.
    not liking it at all..the levels are all the same rooms as in regular pve -_-
    some rooms not designed for this at all...there is no way to hunker down like gears of war and grit it out.
    everything just looks and feels and plays the same. maps are bland.

the timer is excessive in general and serves no purpose tbh...didn't like it in regular pve, definitely not liking it in "horde mode"
    there should be a narrative for things like that...like this shit will blow up or containment breach imminent if timer runs out(send in swarms of warriors lol)..something like that.

you need maps that give player the feel he can hunker down.
    i know you guys are at a different level than epic games...but they are the ones to emulate

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYsevIqR1g

other than that it feels exact same as regular pve.

this is just my honest opinion/feedback...nothing more, nothing less! not trying to be negative or harsh
    Algernon, Cplex, Vaanes and 6 others like this.
  9. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

You can't win alone...

Also, it would be nice if this happened in a map especially made for it, or possibly an altered version of some of the Skirmish maps. Zedek from B to D would be a nice area to fight, just have the players gradually be forced to move forward and "cap" the points and give them X minutes to do so, when they get the last point they win and there will spawn a wave of Tyranids each X minute (the waves will get stronger the more points you have).
    Or something like that, though this kinda like sounds more like a new game mode altogether :/
  10. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

We lost mostly because we couldn´t find the last nid. The timer is a bit excessive. I do have alot of fun on the map with the invisible platform. It seems like it is way better suited for this than the others imo.