Background Image

Help A Noob Pick Out A Space Marine Chapter?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Schnizy, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Member now thers a little bit of chaos in each of us :)
  2. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I seem to remember Blood Angels having this gene-seed flaw that turns them into mindless killing machines.

Totally the superior group. ;)
    Corphy likes this.
  3. funny how right at the start you stated an objective opinion.
    and the only nit-pick about black templars was their color.
  4. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Just a small correction for you mate, The Space Wolfs are based off the norse vikings not the russians. The closest thing to russia is the entire IG, And then even more so some units of IG.
  5. I agree
  6. DeathPunch XDeathPunch Subordinate

Well i ment Russians cuz they want to beat everyone, but thank you human, i shall not take you as a slave.
  7. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

That's in between drinking the blood of their enemies! Totally normal!

In all seriousness Blood Angels can be pretty cool but I personally am not really into the space vampire motiff.

More wolfs so I can wolf while I wolf, wolf.
    Murtag likes this.
  8. You also have the problem of current lore which begins and ends with the Black Rage and Red Thirst, and little dimension beyond that in current depictions. Not to mention allied with "honourable" xenos forces, almost lost your entire chapter to an extremely obvious Chaos plot involving a primarch's resurrection, had Fabius Bile stroll in and out of your homeworld while wrecking untold havoc about the place, were so damaged by the loss of a couple of hundred marines you had to run to your successors for help making up those numbers. You then had to run for their help again when a Splinter Fleet was bearing down on Ba'al, when the Ultramarines held their own against a far greater incursion without doing the same. Your primarch hid his failings from the Emperor, quietly covering up the losses of his astartes to the Black Rage, an act no other of that era committed, and died a pointless death at the hands of the Warmaster. Oh, and you're also obsessed with the fact you're dying out with most successor chapters apparently well under half strength, to the point some made pacts with daemons to try and stave off the Red Thirst. Some even go so far as to quietly kill off Inquisitors to preserve this shame.

Not to mention you're the only First Founding chapter to almost be completely killed off three times over, once to a basic boarding action of a Space Hulk.

Sorry, I like the Blood Angels as much as any other chapter, but could you please make a pitch which focuses more on their strengths and is less "They can never be Blood Angels"?
  9. Stellar Elite StellarElite1 Arkhona Vanguard

Iiiii...yeah. I'm with this guy.

Seriously, Jolojose. You sound like an Ultrasmurf, you've just applied it to another Chapter. Don't taint the sons of Sanguinius with your Wardian-esque fanboyism.
    Valonox likes this.
  10. Valonox Valonox Preacher

And what about us Death Company huh!