Background Image

Helmet-less Eldar (Male and Female)

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Asheru, Nov 20, 2017.

1. As some of you know I have been working on a model for a Female Banshee head that has no helmet. As the model has progressed to a point that I am a bit more happy with now I am finally going to show it for the first time here. Do remember this is a work in progress and is by no means complete currently I need to shape the neck, make fine adjustments to the hair and head and sculpt the mask. Will update with progress as it happens.

upload_2017-11-20_11-10-2.png
  2. Sin Sobaki TheEmprahsWorst Active Member

Looks fine, almost eldar like, will be worthy even to donate
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Firskon and Sily like this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

4. Details Details The Spriteful

Does the aspects code even allow to go to war without their masks? I thought they were kind of a big deal.
  5. I mean its not the best idea to go without a helmet on but yes. There is a difference between the War Mask and the Helmet for the Eldar. The helmet is exactly that just a protective helmet for there head. The War Mask is a state of mind the Eldar get into when they drop there common lives and get into a state of war mindset. Only Exarchs are lost to this state of mind and that is why they are warrior priests for the shrines. All other Eldar can drop the war mask and return to a civilian life.
    Brujah, Krayt, Sily and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ashemyn Maevara Ashe First Blood!

Nice work Asheru ..
    Sily likes this.
  7. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

8. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

Banshee must have howl amplifiers, its aspect core element.
  9. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

Can you read?
    Eldritch likes this.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The psychosonic amplifiers aren't beholden to the helmet and come in other forms, but are just built into the banshee helmets in the same way night lords have and noise marines too. However, the sonic inhibitors the banshees wear to not blow out their ears.. a tad more important. But without psychosonic amplifiers in the form of a facemask of some sort; no banshee scream