Background Image

Heavy Classes (Devastator, Havoc, Dark Reaper, Loota)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heironymus, May 18, 2017.

?

Most powerful "Heavy" class in this current "Meta"?

1. Devastator

2. Havoc

3. Dark Reaper

4. Loota

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

Voted Havoc.

See this post for arguments, I think it's a very good point of view:
    I just have the difference of puttin Dark Reaper and Devastator on the same step.
    The Arsenal of the Devastator is generally better than the Reaper's (considering all weapons of the Devastator are really good at what they do, which is not exactly the case for the Reaper), but the Devastator suffers from his teammates. The openings he manages to create are rarely exploited for the team is usually derping around trying to get kills instead of capping the point.

So, to sum up my opinion:
    Havoc > Loota > Devastator <=> Reaper
  2. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Who is whining?

Ork weapons are great. So are marines.

As I said, all the heavies are good and I prefer dark reaper over all.
  3. Bite me, but i say Dark Reaper.

Me myself isn't verry good with Heavy-Classes. In fact, apart from Multimelta-Builds i am quite bad with the Playstyle where you have to anticipate where enemys will appear to bolt them down, and agressive Devastatoring/Havocing with Heavy Weapons seems to be a weakness of mine.

How ever, Dark Reaper with Reaperlauncher brought me to the top of the Scoreboard many times
    (Btw, you don't get a commendment for shooting people, even if you have the most!)

First: Starshot only. Starswarm can sometimes help you if you get someone close, but not verry often. But Starshot, once you spend a little time, can do wonders for you.
    Once you know Reaper-Spots where you can lay down fire relativly safe, you dominate. Huge AoE, Instakill and not too bad vs. Vehicles Either.
    The fact that you can controll that Rocket a little bit enables you to shoot over rails without bracing (allthough this takes a lot of skill) or bomb blaces you can't reach with a Plasmacannon for example.
    However, as with all Eldar Weaponry, it's highly specialiced, once you get someone close up to you, you have 1 Starshot maybe, and if that doesn't hit you are dead.

I really like the Reaper-Launcher after spending some time with it, but as said, i am not too good with other Heavy weapons, so i lack that comparison :D
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Which just shows the problems with Reapers. The AV fire mode is the most effective tool they have for dealing with infantry...

After Eldar campaign the devs will nerf Starshot, it's already getting complaints.

I still think Starswarm is hot garbage and Shuriken Cannon is adequate but sub par.
    Forj likes this.
  5. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

I'd have to say Havoc I'd say loota but it has the disadvantage of being huge and unable to ambush.This is for solo play though.If in a coordinated team I'd say devastator due to grav cannon,voice of the emperor and vulcan multi melta.
  6. If they make Starswarm usefull, i could live with a Starshot-nerf.
    I predict that they will lower the AoE of the Missle, they can't tune down the damage, otherwise it looses it's AV ability.
  7. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Do not underestimate the developers. They can get away with it if people complain about OHKs enough.
  8. It's not that i underestimate em... This is just desperate faith :(
    Safreadis and Eldritch like this.
  9. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

Well for a starshot nerf I can support the removal of the missile guidance. A damage nerf would be a great prejudice to Eldar's ranged AV capacity.
  10. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The guiding was meant to be a part of the Reaper's schtick.