Background Image

Heavy Classes (Devastator, Havoc, Dark Reaper, Loota)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heironymus, May 18, 2017.

?

Most powerful "Heavy" class in this current "Meta"?

1. Devastator

2. Havoc

3. Dark Reaper

4. Loota

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gorshak Gutrot Tankhead1 Arkhona Vanguard

I was promise trash from heironymus and I don't see any
    DongSlayer and Heironymus like this.
  2. That's why you need to read the posts along with the poll, of the thread.​
  3. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Loota seems to have the edge once it gains access to the Ace Dakka since they can stack toughness and gets reduced headshot multiplier which helps them against counterfires while braced. Also Kannon option allowing for a different approach to the fights altogether (also AV options, though I'd prefer a multi-melta since it gets the job done a lot faster).

That said, I'd still rate a Havoc using Autocannons above Lootas using anything other than said weapons especially since they can get one without supply box shenanigans. So I'd say them a close second.
    Heironymus likes this.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

I have to give it to Loota here. They have access to the best weapons IMO.
    - They have an AC
    - Kannon is good AV/AI weapon
    - Dakka Deffgun is solid
    - Plasma Deffgun is solid
    - Zzap is a Lascannon

P.S. Whoever voted Reaper should feel bad.
  5. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

Anyone feel like the anti-personnel Heavies can lay down fire too long before overheating?

I stopped playing Reapers because it felt like cheating not having to reload while laying down a wall of fire. It's a pretty boring playstyle. I think if heavies aren't going to be limited by clips/re-loading, the heat bar should be more in line with the melta weapons. This would make it so that one heavy can't just sit in a doorway or from a braced position and lay down a constant barrage of death and suppression.
  6. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Feels fine to me.
  7. Warboss Sickytoof Karond Steam Early Access

Havoc, by a decent margin.

Access to the same weapons as the devastator mostly, plus the autocannon. The autocannon is the best weapon in the game when braced, and unbraced the ace dakka might have a slightly better SIPS, yet it still performs pretty good. Having the ability to add Slaanesh for speed or Nurgle for toughness makes them very dangerous, even Khorne provides a faster shooting heavy bolter.

Lootas are pretty good, but suffer from animation issues and bugs, still the Kannon is decent even if the plasma cannon is better now, so it's all about the plasma deffgun and the ace dakka. It's not insignificant either that their zzapguns have a blue line instead of a red one, making them more difficult to see. I see lootas as tied with reapers for second place.

Reapers shruiken cannon is pretty mediocre, especially compared to the likes of heavy bolters or plasma deffguns. The reaper launcher however is a pretty decent weapons, with AV and AI power with starshot. It's nerf aside, starshot makes the reaper very versatile, and while the tempest launcher is expensive as hell, it's also quite overpowered for what it is. If you've an enemy come up behind you and shoot you in the back, the tempest launcher is the only weapon available to heavies where you can almost always turn around and finish the enemy off before you die, and that's on the squishiest heavy to boot. Anytime you see an eldar reach 50+ kills in a map, it's almost always a tempest launcher player.

Devastators are last. They serve an important role, but they're a bit generic. Sure you can lay down suppressing fire better than the others, but with the LSM players around you, you know that's usually wasted as noone will take the opportunity to advance under the suppressing fire anyway. It's not a bad class. Heavy bolters are good, plasma cannons are really good, lascannons are really good and gravcannons are evil with a bit of teamplay. It's just that the havoc has most of that too plus extras, while the others gets 1-2 slightly better more versatile weapons (ace dakka, reaper launcher, tempest launcher).
  8. I think they are about even.

I need about tree fiddy.
  9. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Nope. Still like them best.

Only whiney eldar think they are bad.
  10. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Having 1.5/3 good weapons doesn't be make a class good.

Only whiney Orks would deny the power of Ace Dakka or Kannons.