Background Image

Heavy Bolter and Equivalents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eldritch, May 18, 2017.

1. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

This is more a general question, but do Dakka Deffguns and Shuriken Cannons suppress as much as Heavy Bolters? I don't think they suppress as hard.

Heavy Bolters will jar my camera right up, but the rest just seem to tilt it up slowly.

Is it just me?
  2. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Shuriken Cannons were suppressing me plenty on my PC the other night, but I don't have a direct comparison to make.
  3. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

It would be nice if there were stats to show suppression.

I will see if can test this later in garrison with someone else.
  4. Seranov Seranov Confessor

Were you facing LSM? Because the Voice of the Emperor specifically has higher suppression (at the cost of reduced damage) and I've had it make people start waving their weapons around wildly like they've never played a shooter before.

That said, all three base weapons seem to have pretty similar suppression in practice. No hard numbers to back that up, though, so it could just be entirely muh feelz. The fact that the dakka deffgun has an actual scope and turns like a trukk while trying to track folks (and therefore also bounces around like a spastic when suppressed) might be the reason it seems less effective in terms of suppression.
  5. From my experience all suppression from thoise weapon are the same but for the Voice of the Emperor.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  6. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

They all seem to be equally annoying.
  7. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

I'm pretty sure only the Ace Dakka has a scope, but not like you could use it.
    My feeling is telling me that the HB is more accurate than the Dakka Deffgun and the Shurrican Cannon while moving.
  8. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Heavy bolter supress as good as those weapons, VotE is the one that supresses like crazy, you won't kill much, but you'll be very annoying.
  9. Seranov Seranov Confessor

Nah, all Ork heavy weapons have scopes, which is why they track so poorly compared to other factions' heavy weapons.

Going off muh feelz, I think all the Heavy Weapons are roughly as accurate at each other while moving, but the HB needs fewer hits than the other two, which makes it feel more accurate. I definitely feel like if I'm crouched and aiming with the Shuriken Cannon, no Heavy class can outshoot me at short-medium range, however. That thing is a beast if all the shots land.

Again, no empirical evidence for any of this, though, so go ahead and discount me at your leisure.
  10. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

It's not just scopes. The Orks Dakka (and Plasma) Deffgun have a much lower turn radius while firing and what feels to be a lower one than a HB. With a HB I can track the guy running across the open field, no so much with the Dakka Deffgun.