Background Image

Healing Yourself While Downed

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Hey I've always wondered, why we can't use our health recovery items while in the downed state? Like I understand that might take away from the support classes a bit, but considering it's a 1-use item anyways (and half the time, especially for Orks, you don't have a Dok nearby). It's nowhere near game-breaking or even unbalancing. Plus you're already crawling around, your character can obviously use their arms somewhat. Why can't they grab the item and use it?
    Kaptain_K_Rool and Maensith like this.
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

This already got talked about before. Same thing applies then as now. Self rezzing would be absurd in certain situations. Imagine if all the heavies at Agnathio B could pick themselves up.
  3. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

All of once? Frankly I doubt I'd find a big enough difference, especially since the vast majority of heavies stick with ammo bundles instead of health restoration items.
    Chuffster and Maensith like this.
  4. Maensith Subordinate

I agree, given that most players spend a curing item long before they are dead this feature wouldnt be OP. It makes sense - if you're still able to crawl then you have enough blood to use healing
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  5. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I think it would alter the balance between the Cure Wargear and the extra ammo slightly too much. You could increase the price, perhaps, or have one that can be used from a Downed state which costs more.
  6. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I would be okay with a slight LP increase due to it's increased utility. That or have the Ammo Bundle also restore grenades to compensate? Nahhh, too powerful probably (though much desired). So I'd stick with an option for a more pricey version for the added ability to heal while downed.
    Brujah likes this.
  7. Cuuld 'ave a bigga' ammo pack wut also restores grenades in da same way ye cuuld 'ave a more easily usable healin' kit wut can be used whoil down each wut costs more LP

Da way I see it a self heal whoil down wuuld be used most toims by blokes wut get downed by ranged and left alone. Most toims in melee when yer downed ye etitha' get killed before he switches target, ye get killed in da melee crossfire, er sum random ranged blokes shoots ye dead while da foight continues
  8. Details Details The Spriteful

the point of it is encouraging teamplay
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Understandable, but frankly it doesn't exactly work terribly well and there are much better ways to encourage teamplay than make it impossible to save your own life.
    Kaptain_K_Rool likes this.
  10. TekTerror Recruit

It's not working, I see lots of people downed and no one on their team helps them most of the time.

So yes, I agree with people should be able to heal themselves when downed if they have the heal consumables. I also think the SM and Ork healers should also be able to toss out their heal grenades and/or use their healing consumables on themselves when downed as well.