Background Image

Healer class oddity..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Okay so the Space Marines have the Apothecary that makes sense for the healer class, sorcerer again same concept.. however.. wouldn't it make more sense to have a weird boy be the healer for the Orcs.. what are your thoughts?
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Ork's medic have always beeen painboy , why change ? a weird boy dont heal people , they make stuff explode
  3. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Yeah but warlocks aren't Healers, nor are the sorcerer's..
    Trooper909 likes this.
  4. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

As far as I understand apothecaries the only one that they actually have down besides painboyz..
    I just figured if they don't have the consistencies down it would just be humorous to have a weird boy running around healing people with green lightning..
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

both sorcerers and warlocks have healing abilities in lore/tabletop
    Data8671 likes this.
  6. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Yes, but they're not usually used as a healer.. where as the Apothecary is a medic with a Bolter.. lolz
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I kinda think it would have been interesting for Eldar to have self-heal options rather than a healer-class. It is consistent with lore and encourages players to disengage rather than die and respawn, also it would lead to less grouping up and rush as a blob.

Anyways, it was a design-choice to make psychers support-classes and not the worst one.
    It works, so why change a running system? (Assuming they even could make more classes)
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

w
    well thechnically no race have dedicated healers even apothecary's job is alomost only to get the glands
    ProteusVM and RayneF like this.
  9. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Very true that is technically their job is to collect the gene seed after a death of a marine because yeah technically there is no heeler / say in the entire thing every unit has I think if I remember right every unit has a healing ability with the Eldar go close to a webway gate you have you get healed by doing that or the Warlock can boost your resistance while repulsing the enemy backward off there feet so that you can get away fast enough to heal I don't know much on chaos...
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

well eldar are not supposed to get hit or they are fucked , you can get evacuated to an isha's "hospital" were they heal ur wounds but thats about it whereas marines will abuse stim packs/drugs during combat
    ProteusVM and RayneF like this.