Background Image

Hayy Doods!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dysphoria, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyy, Just registered here after I saw a "Most anticipated MMO's" video, every time I watch one over the last 3-5 years I keep hoping there will be one that will finally get me to play something else besides WoW and I saw this on there and almost had a heart-attack and fell off my chair.. and I tried Planetside 2... but the vehicles RUINED the game.. I never really felt like I was part of the team I was fighting with or anything it was basically just a zergfest and farming Cert points to buy guns... Was just boring... it had no depth really and the game-play was BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRINGGGGG I never felt immersed or anything in my character, I could just switch to whatever class whenever and I never felt like i was needed by the team when anyone can just switch to a support class and rez/heal/repair and then switch right back

I absolutely LOVE how the Developers were saying how they want to make vehicles a social experience instead of just popping out a 1 person tank and becoming a metal killing machine by yourself like in Planetside 2, I hope they incorporate this with squads and team-play as well.. I LOVE playing support classes and healing my teammates.. I hope there is some sort of class that I can maybe build or set down barriers for infantry or turrets, heal or give ammo... I saw the video of the heavy gun being deployable on half-walls and stuff so I think it would be cool to work together and be able to put a bunker down and let the heavy set up on it or something.. I just love team-play stuff lol the lone-wolf style is boring to me and really only fits eSport games like Counter strike which I love but not in an MMO

I have Years of experience with WoW, Counter-Strike, AION, Company of Heroes, Battlefield, Sports games, Dawn Of War, Age of Empires, RIFT, Planetside 2... Really anything, I love gaming.. not really into the f2p MMO's though! :)
    Turel and DocButcher like this.
  2. Arkdawn Arkdawn Curator

Welcome fellow Crusader!:)

Glad to see another 40k fan join the fray!

Here is the F.A.Q. link.
    https://www.eternalcrusade.com/faq

You can also find it on the top of you're screen on the left hand side.

Here is some basic info on the game to help you get started so you land on your feet and hit the ground running!

For launch there is plan to have four Factions that can be played(Maybe five) and one faction that will be NPC controlled the Tyranids used as a balancing mechanic....Note there is plans in time to have all of the different factions from the Warhammer 40k lore in-game as add-on's later(Maybe even IG).

Here is a link to the Factions at war on this world.(Click the tabs on the left side to look at the different factions and go to the bottom to see the sub-factions per each)
    https://www.eternalcrusade.com/game/factions-at-war

Here is the link for the list of classes.
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/official-basic-class-list.20852/

Eternal Crusade is going to be a 3rd person view action combat game mmo much like the game Space Marine but a lot more think Space Marine + Plantside 2= Eternal Crusade. There is no normal levelup no getting to level 90 and having 200k health points while a level one would have 100....it's more like the game Space Marine where a noob level one just starting to play the game can and will kill a player that has been playing for years skill based play(Headshoots) There is a skill tree it will let you work on being really good at a aspect of that class and in time you can max them all out, From what i seen and heard you can max one aspect out fast or spread the XP across them all taking longer to max them out but being somewhat ok at all of them at the same time and then slowly leveling them up over time it would be up to the player and the players play style.

There is also plan to have 8-10 members from each faction to be voted in as "War Council" members to over see the war effort and to hand out faction missions/objectives for the faction, They will also be able to use faction RP's(Resource points that have been gathered by the controlled bases and or a modifier where a faction/guild/chapter will get so much RP's per active member per-hour) to call in orbital strikes, air strikes and others to aid their faction and also they will be able to gift FRP's to players in a area so they can get a tank to fight off a large attack by another faction. Note the players will get RP's for killing other players, vehicles, taking bases, killing enemy NPC's like the Tyranids and completing factions/War Council objectives those RP's are the players the War Council will not be able to take a players RP's.

Not sure how the War Council members will do what they do, That part is still being worked on by the dev team.

Eternal Crusade is planned to be 85%-90% PvP and 10%-15% PvE

The planned PvP content will have players from the four Factions fighting it out for control of the plant, fighting for bases to expand their factions control(Think Plantside 2) each base is planed to give perks for the faction that controls it in-game RP's(Resource points) for the faction's leaders to use in dire times(Give to players so they can get tanks/hero's/elites to fight off a large enemy attack) and also there is a talked about/planed supply line mechanic that might be in-game so if the bases in the rear get taken the bases on the front line gets cut off from resupply(no more ammo) giving need to make sure the bases in the rear are guarded from sneak attacks.

The planned PvE content will be randomly made Dungeons in the form of Underwoulds/Hives(These will be instances) mostly to fight the Tyranids to hold them back from your bases and or retake a base you lost to them. And in doing so will earn (Maybe FRP's) items that will help your faction as a whole and the players would get XP/RP's/loot like gear. And also of note the PvE (Tyranids) content is planed to be used as a balancing mechanic to help hold over pop factions in check (The Tyranids would attack the over pop factions more so) but keep in mind the Tyranids will attack all the factions.

Also you can watch a live-stream with the devs they will have live-streams when they have something significant to show in the game development http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade (Keep an eye out on the forums to see when the next one will take place) if you are online when they do it live you can ask ?'s about the game, You can also click on "THE GAME" tab then "MEDIA CENTER"(Drop down) then click the center option "Game Development" to watch the ones you might have missed.

You should really look at the livestreams to get an idea of the size they are going for.

If you like what you see and would like to help Eternal Crusade by getting a Founders pack(Also getting Alpha/Beta/Founder Game Module access/early access and many other perks for helping Eternal Crusade while in development)go to the "STORE" tab and click on the "Founders Store"(Drop down) to look at the different options also there is a option to upgrade the founders pack up to the 2nd highest pack(If you can only get the $40 US basic founders pack at the time and then later get more funds you can upgrade to the next highest one up to the 2nd highest pack).

If you have more ?'s about Alpha/Beta/Game module access/Early access look in the game F.A.Q. wheel down to look for and click on 2 tabs: these should help out.
    1st Q: What is Pre-Launch Game Access?
    2nd Q: What is Early Game Module Access?

Note the first module(10vs10 PvP arena maps) is set for Q1 of 2015(First few months of the year)

You can also play the game for free playing as the orkz(Free to play race) but will have limited options though that can later be opened up by microtransactions.

Note the bonus RTP's(rogue trader points) to be used in the "STORE" "Rogue Trader" is a gift the Dev team is giving the founders for supporting Eternal Crusade while its in development. So if you get a founders pack you get the bonus RTP's as a gift, $1 US=1,000 RTP's a $40 founders pack you get 40,000 RTP's as a gift from the dev team along with the other perks, Now if you were to wait tell after launch and the founders program ends and you get the game for $40 you wont get any of the founders perks and if you would like to get something from the store it will be $1=1,000 RTP's , They will also be adding more and more items to the Rogue trader store each month or so up to launch and after.

If you have more ?'s about the founders pack look in the game F.A.Q. and wheel down to "Founder Sheet F.A.Q.".
    Demetri_Dominov likes this.
  3. Arkdawn Arkdawn Curator

I know you didn't ask for info on Warhammer 40k lore but it's my duty to give you a heads up to help you out:) (And so you will understand what others are talking about "Lore Wise")

Here is the link to a Warhammer 40k wiki site:
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

There is a lot of info here i would say start out with the Warhammer 40k timeline: Gives a big view of whats going on.
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Warhammer_40,000_Universe

Then these two covers the human faction:
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_the_Imperium
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/The_Emperor_of_Mankind

And a must is Horus Heresy it tells how and why the human race is on the verge of doom!
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Horus_Heresy

A lot of other links gives info on the different factions.

Now if you like what you see/read and like books or audio CD/MP3 downloads of the books( Voice actors+music+sound effects) Look up "The Black Library" great place if you would like that.

I hope this helps you out and sorry if i went over kill:oops:
    Demetri_Dominov likes this.
  4. Oh gosh yes It looks like I need to learn some lore! I wouldn't want to upset anyone here they seem like they are very "role-play-y" Most of the games I played I played for competition and not about the lore very much at all, Played WoW for about 7-8 years and all I know is that the leader of the Horde is an Orc lolololol I spent most of my time in Battlegrounds and Arena's... I really love PvP.. but the little bit of combat I saw looked AMAZING I saw the Lead developer do a 1v1 with Katie and that really sold me on the combat it looked very intuitive but also hard to master watching the little duel they had, I will try to learn some lore.. but I'm more of a combat girl lol.. Hopefully I can get by with learning just all the factions and sub-factions and what the weapons do and don't do, I usually love min/maxing builds and working with numbers... hopefully people won't hate me if I don't get into the back-stories and lore too much..
    Sendu, Arkdawn and Cupcakeunleashed like this.
  5. I would like to add that I absolutely love using voice communication and I like working as a team (squad of 5 I guess?) to get things done.. which is probably because I played Counter strike and Competitive Arena on WoW 3v3... what I loved about Planet-side was the ability to proximity chat
  6. arkdawn you farting spammer ^^

welcome to the com
    you just made me have an idea for the support classes
    a deployable/destroyable half high wall/sandbags, this also would be a good thing to enhance with skill points
    to keep it lore friendly we can say that a teleport homer is placed and the barrier gets teleported to the location

thanks for this brain refresh :D

edit:
    it wont be a problem if you dont know anything about lore
    there are soe basic things which would help you develop some combat tactics
    like orks have a bad aiming but are very deadly in close combat (we dont know how this will be represented in EC yet)

for voice communication EC will over a voice modulator which should let you sound like the faction you are playing ^^

which faction got your attention?
    Psyctooth and Arkdawn like this.
  7. @Savij, I have so much experience playing games/beta's with failed mechanics and Companies ruining what the Developers and hardcore community want's to implement and then watch as the Publishers ruin everything because they listen to the casuals and then the game fails *eyeroll* I might sound very critical of the developers sometimes because I get aggravated... but for once it looks like this game is made by gamers for gamers.. and that's a recipe for success... Just look at Minecraft or Counter Strike 1.6 ..

I think a deploy-able/destroyable half high wall/sandbags would be awesome in creating/immersing one in the "social experience" because if I set up that wall I feel like I've helped my teammates. Such as a heavy so he/she can set-up their gun on it and be more effective or even create little choke-point fights or try and move the line of battle up further, I remember they had them in Battlefield 2142 and they were AWESOME in battles giving cover to people on your team. and even two people could make a little self-made Bunker together was pretty fun lol

There will be a voice modulator!? interesting lol how do Female space marines sound exactly?... I really want to play the Space Marines.. but currently I'm taking a vote among my friends who I've shown the game to and they all want to play Chaos Space Marines... so it looks like I'll be playing a Sorcerer instead of an Apothecary lol
  8. ah well the devs listen to the com a lot
    each time a good idea is brought to them they write them down on a list with things which should be tested
    the most popular idea of a fan which got implemented is the wall jump
    jumppack classes can perform a wall jump which is kinda cool ^^

for female space Marines well there are no female space Marines
    space Marines are DNA manipulated super soldiers each of them has a part of the DNA of one of the primarchs (sons of the emperor which were made in a genelab)
    this DNA only works with male

but there are the sisters of battle which wear power armor as well, you could say this are female space Marines... *hides from the coming shitstorm*

a female voice as a CSM shouldn't be a problem since they are warpmutated freaks (some of them at least)
    but I'm curious how exactly this will sound :D
    Arkdawn and Algernon like this.
  9. Haha, you know its coming! XD Heres hoping that the sisters of battle make it into Eternal Crusade!
    [​IMG]
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

*WARNING*
    ++++MAXIMUM PERICULUM++++
    +++++MENACE DETECTED++++++
    -----KEYWORDS IDENTIFIED: "female space marine"-------

ACTIVATE EXTERMINATION: HERESY MAXIMA
    +++INQUISITORIAL FORCE LOCALIZED+++
    +++PURGE INIZIALIZED++++
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.