Background Image

Hard Limits On Elite, Hero, And Any Special Class Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corphy, May 16, 2014.

?

Should we have a hard limit of special class types?

1. Yes. Only X amount allowed at any given time. If that limit is reached, then there is a waiting list

42.4%
  2. No. It will not be needed, and simply denies them to players because they didnt get there first

57.6%
  1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

With full kinetic armor upgrades you had 87.5% resistance to small arms (dunno if that changed, havent played much). That being said the TTK there was ridiculously small to begin with. And to be honest im not even sure how correct that number was, unless small arms fire doesent include the standard assault rifles, cause those still hurt like hell in a MAX.

That all being said, EC will have quite a longer TTK, who knows how longer for Termies. Making them 90% resistant to something that will be 80% of the weapons fielded across all factions (or at least thats how it should be, if we are having everyone run plasmaguns something went wrong in the making of the game) then the Termies will be too good for their costs.
    Then again, MAX rushes are all the rage in PS2 and tons of people complain about them. Now imagine the same "Termi rush" within a game that has a longer TTK, and a reviving mechanic so all those Termies can just sit comfy in 90% reduced small arms fire and rezz each other to their hearts content.

Yes one can say "well bring heavy weapons". Yeah that would be optimal, if you had those available at the time they start dancing in through the door. The 60% is more than fine, if we go overboard then we will see Termi rushes be a daily routine repeated each time they are off cooldown (if they have a cooldown to being with, if not God help us).
    Kanthric likes this.
  2. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

For me actually it doesn't matter HOW terminators toughness will be achieved, be it through some kind of immunity, better armour, more health or both. The only thing that matters is: it must be balanced.

If a TTK from a single bolter on a single marine is 2 (now even more probably) seconds, on a termie should be around 12 I guess. So one on one a tactical has no chance but when we have say 3\4 tacticals vs 1 termie it coulg go any way.
    vaevictus333 and Kanthric like this.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i think weakness of a terminator is in the bigger hitbox and the incapacity of rolling away, so a melta in the face is more easy vs a terminator than another space marine. the same for the grenade and similar.
  4. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Sure, proper application of proper gear in a proper situation or death.
    DjemoSRB likes this.
  5. Lelorelyn DragonOfMars Active Member

The only thing I wonder about is whether there is going to be a limit of 100 Terminators active at a time per chapter. Lore reasons. Should there be such a limit?

Some stuff from the lore if obviously going to be bent to accommodate gameplay. Do you guys think this should be one of those things?
  6. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

There is math out there for the TT 6th Termie vs Power Armor matchup. They get the inv 5+ save now but the armor piercing availability is making Termies less desirable than they were atm.

I feel like TT can take a back seat in some circumstances, i.e Terminators should be a lot harder to kill. TTK and AV saves are very different metrics and TT stats are an incredibly simplified reflection of real-time combat.

I'm more concerned about how advantageous they are while they're on the field not just how easy it is to remove them. Storm Bolters ain't crap but they're not worth much more than that if you're never going to be fast enough to close in on a puttering tank or average unit. I hope they aren't lumbering at all and all the supposed advanced systems and training of the wearer translates to some serious hurt for the requisition price.
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Galen likes this.
  8. Khorlial Member

Yea I don't think a cap on Terminators is needed as they should cost so much it will not even seem worth it to the average/lower bracket player and definitely no cap on Elites of Orks and Eldar.

Just hope for even more requisition you can upgrade your terminator to have shoulder rocket launchers, heavy meltas, heavy flamers, auto cannon chain powerfists, melee terminators etc.
  9. Makeka Makeka Arkhona Vanguard

There should not be a cap. Elite and special classes are for certain situations, spamming elite will be suicidal since it can be countered easily. Spamming one class in planet side 2 will not get you anywhere unless it's for a specific purpose where it would be effective.
    Let people decide what they want to play as, they will learn the folly of their short sighted strategy the hard way.
    Galen likes this.
  10. Lelorelyn DragonOfMars Active Member

Laanshor likes this.