Background Image

GW News and Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by The-Mad-Magos, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Sariel Searva Ordinate

compare to other 600 point tanks... it's really not...
  2. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

KillboFraggins, VoxC and Grigdusher like this.
  3. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

I don't know about you guys but this has caused me to simply never buy anything from GW directly again. I'll still play video games because a majority of that money goes to the devs, but I'm done with the table top if that's how they feel about people like me.
  4. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I buy GW from the local game store to support the owner. I'd rather buy recasts in some situations. I'm going to try to move away from all other GW products.
  5. So you will still mooch off the company yet claim to hate them?
  6. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

Mooch:
    informal
    NORTH AMERICAN
    ask for or obtain (something) without paying for it:
    "a bunch of your friends will show up, mooching food"

Nope, not doing that, so the rest of your question is pretty inane.
  7. You bitch about the company , say how much you hate them, yet still use thier ip. Something isn't right here
  8. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

I happen to enjoy the popes words. Does that make me a catholic?

The corporate culture GW is putting forward strikes me the wrong way. As someone who is interested in the IP and the world and the game, that saddens me. The fact that they, as a company, don't WANT ME to play their game, because I am not a huge hobbyist, is what I would call a bad corporate culture.

I enjoy their IP. I like 40k. I like Bloodbowl.

Their attitude towards their MINATURE business to be is unacceptable, so I'm choosing not to participate in that business. That does not necessarily extend to their video games, which are all handed out to developers, who reap the most profit from the transaction (bEhaviour), followed by the distributor (steam), followed by the company itself (Games Workshop).

So I am choosing, with my free interest as a participant in a capitalist economic system, to not buy products via or related to Games Workshop minatures line; I am not a hobbyist, I am a gamer. I collect the models not to model them, but to play. Games Workshop doesn't like me. They actively want me to leave their product association.

So I am. However, I have social contacts I keep in touch with through the playing of miniature games. I have other games I play. I enjoy them. But many of us also play GW games. With the release of this article, a collective "WEll fuck you too then" has arisen amongst us.

So, I don't know why this bothers you. First, it's my money, not yours. Second, GW is a massive company wit ha near monopoly as can be and do not need defending from people like you. Thirdly, I WANT to see GW shift its corporate culture, and am trying to make my will known through the use of economic pressure.
  9. Because people who bitch yet still use the ip are pretty silly.
  10. I'll always support Gw. Call me a shill, but they have created one of if not the greatest settings imo. And for that I am eternally greatful. I will always buy from Gw. Prices here in Aus are expensive though, so I try to not go overboard.

I have started thinking about branching out to other settings, and other third party mini's, due to the sheer cost though. But I will always support Gw with the occasional purchase, to keep 40k alive, and to avoid what happened to Fantasy.