Background Image

GW News and Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by The-Mad-Magos, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Redhatter Redhatter Arkhona Vanguard

The thing is we don't have a first hand experience from what happened in the throne room with Horus, Sanguinius and the Emperor since they are all kind of dead.

It's "common" knowledge that Sanguinius died putting a chink in Horus's armour and then the Emperor used this chink to kill Horus, maybe we actually don't know the full story of what happened in that room since no one alive was there to witness it.
  2. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"What IS canon, anyway?"

(If you don't get the reference, then your need to get your heretical butt to https://www.youtube.com/user/alfabusa/videos and see the Emperor's light.)

While there are certain major points in lore that haven't changed or haven't changed much in 40k's history, the canon of 40k is written as if it's ambiguous quite often as information in the Imperium is highly restricted/redacted/etc. So, canon has that unreliable approach that of course GW is going to muck with.

That's not to say I hope they don't royally screw with what happened during the Horus/Emperor confrontation, cause it's great stuff that's been solid for a long time. I'm hoping maybe for a bit more truth about what happened and if anything does change I hope it is at least interesting and fits well enough that adds to the myth and legend of that time and our heroes/villains without just being phoned in.

I have to say while I'm dubious on Sanguinius returning (what does that mean for the Black Rage/etc?) part of me would love to see him return and stand with his Sons and defy Chaos in their cut off portion of the Dark Imperium.
    Redhatter likes this.
  3. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

A pretty small fraction of the overall Legion turned so if you need it to be that split evenly it probably gets balanced by Loyalists from Traitor Legions.
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

so codex astartes second edition!
    also old space marine can recive modification and become primaris.

i suppose all characters and veterans get an upgrade
  5. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Works for me and well, yes if not it would be silly...
  6. If you retcon one thing you can retcon everything and anything

So lets bring back Horus as well
  7. Can we retcon Abaddons arms? :OrkGoff:
    Azezealk0RD likes this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

you know when i have read the new rules for vehicles (losing weapons and stuff at half wounds etc etc) i secretly hoped that abaddon will count as a vehicle and he will lose arms when taking wounds.
    Azezealk0RD and PrincessSkyheart like this.
  9. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

I hear a whisper, the sleeping prophet stirs in his slumber. The son of mankind reborn anew, shaking the very universe. The pretender will die, replaced by the pious. The son of mankind will clash with the first among enlightened.

Lorgar will return, I can feel it.