Background Image

gw look for rule writers

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Grigdusher, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

http://jobs.games-workshop.com/2016/01/20/citadel-rules-writer-book-box-games-nottingham-uk/

About this Job

Do you want to write exciting rules that bring the fantastic range of Citadel Miniatures to life?

Do you want to develop the game systems of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 to make them the best they can possibly be?

Are you excited about working with a team of professional rules writers to produce new rules for our books and boxed games?

You will need to collaborate with the other members of the Citadel Rules team, the Background Writers and the Product Developers to get clear on what the rules need to do, then write exciting, innovative rules that accomplish that.

You will be responsible for creating all types of rules content for Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 publications. You will also be required to create new games mechanics for our growing range of box games such as ‘Betrayal at Calth’ and ‘Execution Force’.

We know what makes this job hard is being able to deliver exciting, dynamic rules that fulfill the product brief, to a tight deadline.
    DrewM and MrTwinkleFingers like this.
  2. Drew DrewM Preacher

This would be awesome, but I can't say I wouldn't be biased. First order of business; buff Nids, CSM, and Orks, and then nerf tau.
  3. Ionie Ionie Active Member

The bias would be strong. Too strong, I'm afraid. Would be awesome to be a part of the group responsible for making a game balanced/playworthy, but simultaneously the pitfalls would be hard to avoid! One would have to be a long-time veteran player with experience in a lot of armies, not just "your favourite one" to avoid bias. Also, in the end, they're trying to sell it to as many as possible, without losing customers. Nerfing Tau? You might be kicking a lot of people in the balls, who would never pay for a single thing again, causing the company to lose money...
  4. I'm gonna apply. It's about time Dark Angels became broken.
  5. Drew DrewM Preacher

Sacrifices must be made.
  6. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Im going to make everything lore accurate...
    Azezealk0RD and Jorimel like this.
  7. Sariel Searva Ordinate

So... genestealers would actually be good enough to make space marines run away in fear?
    marculario likes this.
  8. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Yeah.

And Space Marines would be a lot scarier.
  9. Marculario marculario Nickname Change

... I can't look at my Tyranids without feeling shame.
    It is a bad feeling.
  10. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

I'd be all over it if I lived across the pond