Background Image

Guardsman elite...hear me out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbunny, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mr Bunny mrbunny Arkhona Vanguard

Okay, this is my crazy idea of the day. What if we could have a guardsman as an elite. Just as squishy as you would expect. Armed with a lasgun. I'm really selling it, right?

But!

If they spawn a tank, it's a Leman Russ. Effectively it's a one spawn elite tank. Being useless outside of a vehicle adds a bit of balance.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

New week, new IG thread.

Even the most badass human doesn't really stand up any chance against what we have in EC, maybe except vs ork, but that's it.

GW won't allow it and they made it pretty clear in the past, if we'll see IG, it'll be NPCs only.
    Velamont likes this.
  3. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

What you mean, the almighty yarrick killed a ork war boss.
    Eisenhorn took down a slanneshi marine.
    Hell I'm sure ciaphas Cain took out some necrons and nids and most likely a chaos marine or two.

Give the little guys some love,
  4. Kemsa Kemsa Steam Early Access

Sly Marbo can beat everyone in EC dont be foolish
    ComradeHavoc and Lynata like this.
  5. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Only if the guardsman turns out to be a cleverly-disguised Emperor Battle Titan after his tank has been destroyed,
  6. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Doesn't anyone use the search tool? This EXACT IDEA has been pitched several times.
  7. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

If I'm not mistaken on some twitch stream long ago the idea of having Imperial Guard as a faction was thrown out completely. However they did mention the ability to have certain Imperial Guard special units as an elite being a slight possibility, eg Commisssar or Psyker, Assassin but not run of the mill guardsmen. They spoke about it when they were discussing which licenses to which factions they can own and represent. Whatever the case something like this won't even be considered ingame for a looooong time if ever.
  8. Obsidian Obsidian Confessor

Really? Just don;t tell it to the guardsmen. Thay don't know they cannot kill eldar. Lads on Tallarn and some other places will have a lot of fun hearing it.
  9. How about this.

Equip a challenge marker and only use knife and bolt pistol, then tell me how appealing IG would be.
  10. Velamont Velamont Preacher

Arkhona Vanguard. Dumb ebought to post this.