Background Image

Greater Daemons

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Corphy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Continent wide means that everyone would need something special to though :p
  2. eh...not nessasarily--they said they dont intend on balancing it that directly

but i supose orbital bombardments...titans....land raiders..all could balance that out. avatar of khaine is an obvious choice..perhaps a squigoth?
  3. Yea, but I'd rather have daemons as an actual 24/7 faction :)
  4. Morentz Morentz Subordinate

I do believe for the Greater Daemon you will only be able to summon one of them by players choose which then it would take the summoner longer like 30-50 seconds to summon it into a worthy champion. The champion which squad leaders would have a point system and the person with the highest gets to become a Greater Daemon. You can only use this when attacking an enemy fortress. This is just again my take of what should happen.
  5. Tyrant of Ghamura Narak Subordinate

Perhaps the Greater Daemons will be used as part of a Story for the Underworld?
  6. Rivara Rivara Active Member

Not a bad idea. Only thing is: how do he changes back? I mean, which event shall the becoming CSM again event trigger? You got a timer, like, you can be a Greater Daemon for 5 mins?
  7. Tallisar Member

Dawn of War I had a good system for the Bloodthirster. He continuously lost hp at a fairly quick rate, but he had a vampiric effect with his melee attacks plus slow attack speed. So sure, you could sacrifice a champion and totally wreck a base, but there was no way in hell you'd be able to use the same GD to attack a second base. This gave the same trouble with summoning a GD before you actually assaulted a base.
  8. Shadowhawk Shadowhawk Active Member

I love the idea of the ritual and how it can speed up depending on certain actions. I hope to see this deployed in game.
  9. Shadowhawk Shadowhawk Active Member

The timer could depend on the type of GD, I like the bloodthirster losing health idea. As for the others I don't know if they need timers. SM have anti-deamon weapons and armors so they can probable get all hits = crits for the weapons and armor may turn all deamon hits (being crits) to normal (or make them more durable against GD) or maybe weakens the GD by being alive nearby but gives a bonus to deamon if killed (2-3 seconds invul + small heal thirster+GUO, mana to LoC, attack frenzy or other thing to KoS).
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

I love the idea, but as they said Chaos will not have demons sadly as they will be a seperate faction later on.