Background Image

Grav Guns and the Unique Grav Gun, AV usage?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Nov 25, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, I think the Grav Gun for Tactical Marines are not exactly meant for Anti-Vehicle hunting by themselves. It is meant to be used with a Tactical or Devastator with Melta weapons ideally. Even the Unique Grav gun is not exactly very effective against vehicles by yourself. I think it might help Melta Bomb team mates to slow the vehicle down though, your mileage may vary though.

What are your thoughts on this?
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

useless weapon

that's my thoughts.

why ? because grav cannon exists.
  3. acepost acepost Active Member

Grav Cannon has very high recoil?
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Well..you just need to pull down..or swap to a higher mouse dpi .. its why gaming mice have like multiple dpi settings to swap on the fly.

Plus you don't get headshot multipliers with grav weapons so your aim doesn't need to be true..
    you could hit them in their toe and it would still deal full damage.

Compared to that chaos meltagun that needs a 1600 mouse dpi setting just to use it normally grav cannon isn't so bad tbh.

the only real downside is that it's attached to a Devastator which have crap stamina rolls.

Grav guns are more for supporting your grp vs melee by pinning them down so their HA launches don't reach as far... but the cannon can do that as well with more dps and longer range.
    and is a lot better vs vehicles as well.
    So I don't see the point in taking the gun over the cannon unless you REALLY want to stamina roll farther or run with a servo skull or dual nade or something.
    Maybe it's for people who don't feel comfortable fighting a melee as a devastator it could be the next best thing to run a grav gun on a tac.. i dono.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Recoil in eternal crusade ? Rofl