Background Image

Grav Gun Apothecary fun

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Tior, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

Shout out to those Khornate/Nurglite Raptors/GAs rushing B! LOL!

Had fun messing up some rushers with the slow of the grav gun and healing my team at the same time with healing beacons. It seems it's more effective than using GAs to block some melee flankers. People should be using the grav gun a bit more. I'm considering dropping some stuff just so I can have space to have the grav gun sidearm on the rest of my loadouts.

Grav gun sidearm + apothecary = true support apoth.
  2. Sindri Myr AnotherAlpharius Steam Early Access

Support apoth is for dark gods slaves and heretics.
    50 kills apoc with boltgun is the only true space marine, who bears the word (pun? :CSMAlpha:) of the Emperor.
    Tior likes this.
  3. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

Nay! For I hath racked up to 20 kills (iirc!) in that match. I may have been a support, but support apoth will always have its own share of blood! :SMShield::SMGentle:
  4. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

I don't know, apoths that are as effective with ranged combat using bolters as tacticals, using the non-targetable heal AoE, and can frontline? Seems a little more effective than that grav pistol.
  5. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

I'm with Tior here. That grav pistol and Chainblade of Fury is a Super fun combo.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  6. Seraphel Recruit

Apoth AoE heal is targetable, but small.
  7. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

The purpose was not to kill, but to allow the real damage dealers an opportunity to bring their guns to bear against a melee flanker. Trying to shoot a bolter at an enemy with an ally that close could wind up having an apoth killing both the enemy and the assailed ally. The Grav gun also has higher penetration, ignoring toughness. It also helps immensely against the speed of sound eldar.....and their hover tanks...

Besides why would I frontline when the purpose of the build was a backline support/rearguard. If I wanted to frontline with an Apoth then I'd build specifically for it. Build diversity is there for a purpose.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  8. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

You misread. I'm not questioning how you use that build, but why you would use it over the stronger bolter focused build. The power of a tactical, with the support of a apothecary.
  9. Thrakka Thrakka Master

Range on the grav gunz a bit too long? :p
  10. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access