Background Image

Good 500 Point lists?

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Sgtteddybear59, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sgtteddybear59 Sgtteddybear59 Arkhona Vanguard

So I was trying to find a good 500 point list to play for tabletop. But I'm not sure what I want. What do you guys think? By the way, I'm open to playing other races, not just Space Marines.
  2. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

Hard to tell without more specificities. Do you know who you will fight, is it for friendly games or to win at all costs. do you want an all comers list?

I can be of help with a few but I only have orks, chaos and guards lattest codex.

generally speaking, 500 pts is hard to have a little of everything. some people like to go all infantry (still with varied weapons) so that there is too many bodies. Others like to go too heavy for the enemy to take (fielding AV14, like russes). If someone brings a flyer I guess it can be a nuisance if you don't have something with skyfire. so think AV, think flyers, think bodies.
  3. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

With guards I might go something like this:

Company command squad, vox
    Plattoon command w/4 flamers
    blob 2x 10 man infantry squad with autocannons and 1 vox
    1x10 vets w/3 meltas 1 vox riding in chimera
    aegis line with quad guns

You'd be at 500 pts, some cover, anti-air, anti-MEQ, anti-TEQ (though thats all in the meltas but you've got orders too to help), some anti horde. But the thing is, at 500 pts, you'll always lack something (here it would be ignore cover, more strong anti AV then just short range melta).

Just pray no one manages to bring a flyer unless you have a quad.

With orks I'd try to go infantry mostly, sluggas nob with powerklaw and just a lot of bodies I guess.

I'll try and see if I can think of something else. I usually aim for 1000-2000 pts games as I find it's easier to balance every faction around those points.
  4. Sgtteddybear59 Sgtteddybear59 Arkhona Vanguard

Well I imagine there will be no flyers in the 500 matches I'm going to be playing. I play on Tabletop Simulator and figured I'd get an army together.
  5. Drew DrewM Preacher

Typhus and as many zombies as possible.
  6. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

Not sure for a 500 pts army. He would basically have nothing vs armor/flyers typhus is like half the points at 500...thought I don't know about that tabletop simulator is it 7th edition with all codex units available, are there more like forgeworld and stuff?