Background Image

Gods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gromorith, Oct 21, 2013.

1. QuantumDawn New Member

I think you already did with Chaos legions. To consider them humans is heresy by your standards, am I right human?
  2. Stormbringer Wolffkhran Subordinate

That's not quite 99% and more along the lines of 30-45%
  3. QuantumDawn New Member

Then I would suggest seeing, um how do you call them ah yes, a therapist.
  4. Ish Member

From my understanding of God in 40K, they have power from 2 things: Emotions and Belief. Believing in a God enables them to work through (or corrupt) an individual. The Emotions one feels give sustenance to the Gods. This seems to apply to all of them from what i have observed. A few others (Chaos Gods for example) gain and grant power through sacrifices.
  5. Heart Brighteyes Well-Known Member

Just picture all the 40k gods as kids at a playground with the Emperor as the odd kid out XD
    Chaos Lord Aadil likes this.
  6. Yeah new codex. Explained it in a lot more depth.
  7. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Interesting. Haven't read the new Eldar codex. Well, my mistake.
  8. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

I don't know if I want him reborn again as a man (though this is probably for the best,) or if I want him released upon the warp as a full god.....which would make the Chaos gods piss their heresy stained britches. (Though, Slaaneesh probably hasn't worn pants in millennium.)

Either way, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Also, I see the Emperor as a living embodiment of all that humanity can/will become. He's just far ahead of his time evolutionary wise (with a bit of help, depending on how he actually originated,) and without him mankind would be prey to the various denziens of the warp and xeno races.

So, basically, he's trying to get all of us on his level....gives us the opportunity to choose our lives instead of being dominated by him or the ruinous powers.
  9. Gromortz Gromorith Subordinate

Adding other races e.g. Tau, they believe in what the Greater Good haha?
    Thanks some good answers in there.
  10. $83 don't bother...