Background Image

Gods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gromorith, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

I think he'd only really become one if he finally actually died and his soul was released into the warp.

Either way, I'd rather not have any direct interactions from the Emperor, more fun when you have to wonder why you had a good change of "luck."
  2. The gods should affect the character in some way.
    For example: Khorne gives 5% more damage!
    This way, it allows further customization for the player and their style of play.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

the eldar god can be the old one or a psy weapon created by eldar for figth c'tan. It's not clear.
  4. Dunther Dunther Subordinate

From http://thefirstfounding.com/forum/m/16373774/viewthread/9220382-chaos-qa/post/last#last
    Will there be the Marks of Chaos? Will the Gods bestow gifts or boons such as mutations or powers on us as we level up?

The chaos gods will have a presence in the game, although it will expand over time. Expect them to be involved in your loadout at launch.
    With that in mind I imagine the gods for every faction will probaly work about the same
  5. Gideon S3dition Preacher

As discussed in another thread, Space Marines do not worship the emperor as a god and, in any case, he would be the Imperium's god, not just Space Marines ;)

Eldar have 2 gods. One is slaneesh! Never forget that Eldar are the ones who screwed the galaxy in their decadent lust for power. Oh, and their souls taste like bubblegum.

Though you don't actually ever get to see gods in 40k, only their physical manifestations, which are far FAR less powerful.
    Matobar and Luke Ungerboeck like this.
  6. Delara New Member

LOL, you just assassinated the lore there. The necrons defeated the C'tan gods and the old ones. The eldar gods got defeated by Slaanesh in The Fall, except khaine who was too strong to be defeated by slaanesh, Cegorath who still lives in the webway and rumour says that Isha was claimed by nurgle and is caged in his realm.
  7. Calistarius Calistarius Active Member

Implementing?
    Loyalisth have FAITH the sometimes let them perfom an Impossible task
    Chaos worshippers have their gods that grante them REWARD after performing gppd in the eye of the god
    Eldars have Kahine that MANFIEST in the climax of battles
    Ork have GORK & MORK that act randomly trough the orkish weaponary and enginering and trough their will REDS GO FASTA COUSE THEY THINK RED GO FASTA

no imlpementation needed
    Luke Ungerboeck likes this.
  8. Gideon S3dition Preacher

I believe they said marks/gifts/mutations are in during a Q/A session.
  9. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

I too think the Emperor should remain out of the game, he is and idol, a beacon of humanities greatness long forgotten to the darkness. I truly believe if the Emperor did die he would be reborn, aka star child theory :)
    Matobar likes this.
  10. Duster Duster Active Member

I think gods are willed into existence. Sort of like santa clause. The more people lust, have sex, sin, the greater power Slaanesh wields. The more bloodshed there is in the universe, the stronger khorne will be (hence why he will always be the strongest god). The unquestioning faith in gork and mork by all the orks may have conjured their existence.