Background Image

Gods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gromorith, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Gromortz Gromorith Subordinate

Hey yo whats up,
    I was reading through some threads and I was wondering how the Gods even work in 40k I know chaos gods exist and Space marines don't have any gods except for the Emperor(Not a true god sorry...).

Eldar have Gods that exist, but how about the Orks? They have Gork and Mork but do they exist? Because I remember reading that half of the Orks technology works through will power.

And how about implementing the GODS a bit in the Eternal Crusade?

Thanks for any good answers
  2. Stormbringer Wolffkhran Subordinate

Kind of want to see Khorne obliterate a chaos space marine after levitating him five feet in the air and then nothing else happening. Just disappointed chaos space marines.

Or maybe spawning blood letters but whatever.
    NoirsolV likes this.
  3. Syrenthra Syrenthra Subordinate

The Orks have the WAAAGH! which is like the star wars force in a way. When an ork thinks they make a gun, the WAAAGH! makes it a gun, basically they are so stupid they are geniuses.

The Chaos Gods want to control the Material universe since they already control the Warp. There are people devoted to the Gods who try to earn favor among the Gods and become Daemon Princes who are immortal and some are invincible.
    surguchev_gleb likes this.
  4. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

The orks are insanely powerful psykers basically. The only reason any of their stuff works is cause they think it will.
    As for the Eldar gods, they got killed by the Necrons, except for a couple. Khaine is just splintered and corrupted, so they are able to summon Avatars of Khaine.
    The Chaos gods work through demons, and the warp.
  5. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

I could see the Chaos Gods having a huge role in the system, there is a whole debate about the Emperor being a god which I don't even want to touch.
  6. Carnage Carnage Deacon

It's like Talos and the 8 divines all over again...
    Matobar, surguchev_gleb and DeFoamBag like this.
  7. winbringer windbringer Active Member

The Eldar gods(all except for Khaine Cegorach and maybe Isha) were killed by Slaanesh during the fall not the Necrons.
    Spuz and FireDemonJ99 like this.
  8. WTH!!! Eldar gods killed by Necrons!!! That is absolutely wrong!!! Slaanesh killed all the gods, except for Khain - whose essence was scattered into the heart of every Eldar Craftword - and Ceggorach (not sure if I spelt that right) who escaped into the warp without getting hurt. Slaanesh was formed when Eldar's negative emotions reached a climax. Destroying a small part of the galaxy 98% of the Eldar race aswell.

All that without the Codex! I fell proud!!! :)
    xtrmntr1 and windbringer like this.
  9. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

I thought the Eldar gods were just the Old Ones? Also, on the wiki I read that Khaine was injured and corrupted by the Nightbringer. I guess they changed that.
  10. Foolish Eldar Khorne has tricked you lol